“Nice! Nice! Nice!”
other travellers have booked this property
Powder Room Off Entryway Master Bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Powder Room Off Entryway
Master Bedroom
Master Bath - Brand new and complete with all the amenities for your stay.
Master Bedroom Writing Nook
Guest Bedroom
Guest Bedroom Writing Nook
Dining Room
Dining Room into Living Room
Living Room - Perfect for family gatherings. Room for everyone!
Screened-In Porch - For long-awaited conversations or enjoying a card game on a crisp morning.
Inviting Front Porch - Sit and watch for your friends and family to arrive.
Blue Sky - you will not be able to wait to get out and explore Abingdon!
Park Street Guest House is a Certified Wildlife Habitat
Easy Access for bikes, strollers and special needs.
Front Porch
Main Entry - A bridge built to dreams!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

golfguy20...
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Nice! Nice! Nice!”
Reviewed May 28, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We just spent a delightful weekend in Abingdon at the Park Street Guest House with our long-time friends and it was such fun! The property couldn't be more conveniently located! It is located just a short walk to dining, shopping and the Barter Theatre. The property is clean, well-maintained and well-equipped. I have been in the real estate business for 30 years and I can assure you that you won't find a more accommodating owner or one who is easier to work with than Janet! She is friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Her suggestions for dining were excellent. (Check out Morgan's--it is terrific!). We intend to make future trips to Abingdon and will definitely by coming back to the Park Street Guest House!

29 May 2018
Thanks for letting me *and* the Guest House be part of your reunion. Even though it rained and rained and rained, you made great use of our location and the time indoors for chatting and catching up. We should have "FitBit" information back and forth to the coffee pot!
I'll be happy to have you and your friends return and maybe there'll be more new places to explore....and dry sunny weather!!! Thanks!
vabarton4
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Totally Charming House ”
Reviewed May 28, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Beautiful, immaculate house. I had stayed here several years ago. What brought me back was the very comfortable living room, where we were able to visit with our friends, and the kitchen that was well stocked with coffee pot, blender etc -everything we needed. There is also a cute screened in porch with table and chairs. Beds were comfortable and the bathrooms had plenty of towels. The owner is truly wonderful to work with, and provided some great local restaurant suggestions. Our friends and my husband and I will be coming back to meet here in the future and are planning to make this house “our getaway”. Part of selecting which weekend we were going to meet in Abingdon was finding out when this house was available. We loved everything about it, and being within walking distance of all our activities was a plus.

29 May 2018
Thanks very much for your review and I look forward to having you and your friends again soon. As you mentioned, it's halfway between everywhere....Atlanta/Richmond/Charlottesville areas-Nashville, Roanoke-Knoxville, ...and the "catch-up/chatting" spaces make it perfect for doing just that. We've had friends from college, neighborhood, work, all sorts of ventures meet here and it pleases me NO END to be part of those reunions!
Barbara H
“Perfect place for a stay in Abindgon!”
Reviewed February 14, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

This house is spacious, lovely, comfortable. I loved staying there for two weeks - I could actually imagine living there! Great location, in the middle of town so you can walk everywhere. Really close to the Creeper Trail for walks. I'll be back in August 2018!

24 May 2018
Hard to believe August 2018 is not that far away!! Changes and improvements in our little neighborhood, new restaurants in town and the usual wonderful performances at Barter and local art venues.

Safe travels...see you soon!
Trip56835...
“The perfect house in Abingdon.”
Reviewed February 6, 2018 for a stay in October 2017

This such a lovely house, very comfortable for what we needed, and close to everything. We plan to book this every year since we've been so satisfied with what it has to offer. Janet is always helpful about what to do in the area while we're there and quick to respond to any questions we have. This is our favorite place to be for our annual Girls Getaway. We always look forward to calling this our home away from home.

24 May 2018
Thanks for your review and hold on to your collective hat! Changes and improvements in the Creeper Trail area, new restaurants in town and great theatre as well as art venues for the fall. Hi to "the girls" and I'll look forward to seeing you soon!
Jerry F
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Wonderfull Home”
Reviewed December 24, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

A great home next to Martha Washington Inn and a block from the world famous Barter Theater. Also 128 Pecan Restaurant is across the street. This is a great location in Abingdon,VA. Janet is a gracious owner that put everything you will need in the home. We are having Christmas here and are cooking for a dozen or more friends and family. You will feel at home here . We plan to return many times.

24 May 2018
Thanks, Jerry. I enjoyed meeting both of you and hope you'll come back to Abingdon and the Guest House.
wfairf
Fairfax, Virginia
“The Ideal Guest House with The Most Gracious Hostess!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

If I could rate this guest house with more than 5 stars, then I certainly would do so!! My friends and I reserved the guest house from September 7, 2016 to September 12, 2016, and we have absolutely no complaints. You will immediately know this property is special when you arrive and see the myriad of plants surrounding the house. I was so impressed with the landscape that I toured the entire yard before I walked into the house. Then, the interior of the house amazed all of us!

This property has all of the conveniences of home, and it is within walking distance of restaurants. We ate breakfast each morning within the screened back porch, and we also enjoyed tea or an adult beverage on the screened porch at night. The only time my friends and I used our car was when we commuted to our event in Bristol.

My friends and I are health conscious but we enjoy a good beer. I brought my bike, and I biked the Virginia Creeper Trail which is located around the corner from the guest house. A bike shop is located next door to the guest house which was convenient because I discovered a slow leak in my rear tire. The shop replaced my inner tube within 10 minutes.

We had a delicious meal at the Peppermil located on Main Street, and my friends sampled the beer at Wolf Hills Brewery which is located down the street from the guest house.

There is a natural foods market across the street from guest house where I purchased organic tea. This market has a little bit of everything (e.g., apothecary, free range meat, bakery, etc.).

Lastly but definitely not least, the owner (Ms. Janet) is absolutely wonderful!! She responded immediately to my initial inquiry about making reservations. She is definitely Abingdon’s best advocate because she had me eager to visit Abingdon months before I arrived. I highly recommend this property, and I will definitely return!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The property is located within walking distance to main attractions.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
13 Sep 2016
It was a real treat to have you, especially since you so appreciated the outside features of the Guest House, the conveniences of the neighborhood and small town accessibility. Abingdon and I hope you'll come back soon.
sandypits
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Always a sure thing.”
Reviewed August 8, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

This was my third time staying at the Guest House, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. In fact, we plan our trips based on availability. The home is so convenient, immaculate, and well designed, it's like home away from home. Janet has listened to her feedback, paid attention to the details, and works hard to assure a comfortable stay for her guests. Simply the best.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: proximity to all interests
Liked least: The cookware in the kitchen could be upgraded, but nice things in a rental tend to disappear!
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
11 Aug 2016
There's no greater compliment than return guests and I always look forward to your "Girls' Weekend" in Abingdon. Thanks for your kind words and returning again and again to Park Street Guest House.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing