All reviews hot tub room was clean open until midnight nice hotel sleeper sofa biscuits would definitely stay here again waffle maker creeper trail the breakfast area sausage gravy yogurt convenient location donuts front desk clerk long drive complimentary breakfast
Reviewed August 22, 2017

The hotel itself was fine and well located about a mile from the downtown area. But what really annoyed me was that little $1.00 fee on the bill for the convenience of a room safe. Except in this case they don't have a safe in the room! At least not ours. The money isn't the issue. They did remove the fee, but when I wrote a polite email to their HQ, I never got the courtesy of a reply.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Kate M, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad that overall you did like the hotel.

I can definitely see why the safe fee was annoying! Your right, any room with one bed do not have a safe and I am so sorry for our mistake. We do train our staff to remove the safe fee on the rooms that do not have it, this time it was missed. I can assure you that some coaching took place for the associate, as well as all the staff, to practice consistency.

It took awhile for your email to reach me from Corporate to reach me, and I truly apologize for that. However, when it did, I answered you quickly.

I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with an exceptional experience. I hate that your first stay was not a good representative for what we are.

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located right off Interstate 81 close to Virginia and Tennessee stateline. All in all, it is a convenient hotel to stop for the night and head to wherever the travels take us at daylight. The lobby as well as the rooms had an odor. Breakfast was not super duper but passable. Room size is large, although furniture may not be the best. I am giving it a four star as the hotel staff seemed to be quite warm and welcoming. We checked in at 3 AM but the person at the reception was right there and did pleasant little talk with us, which helped in forgetting all the traffic woes we had before the day of the great American eclipse of 2017.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! We hate to see that you had to deal with that terrible traffic, but we are glad you got a great nights rest! We hope that you will come and visit us again when traveling on I-81. In the next coming years we will be doing a lot of updating, so you will have to come see all our improvements!

Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel with my two grandchildren in a fantastic mood - until I found out hotels.com had messed up my reservations. I was exhausted from driving from PA with kids that just wanted to jump in the pool and now I had no reservation. Jamie, the front desk clerk was amazing! She got me calmed down and helped me try to get stuff sorted out.
After getting checked in, we enjoyed the hot tub and the pool. Both were excellent. And the beds and pillows were a dream. (Please tell me where those pillows come from!!)
And breakfast the next day was hot and tasty and filling enough that my 12 year old grandson didn't tell me he was hungry for at least 3 hours.
Loved the place and will definitely stop on my trips to PA to visit again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank 708wendyw
Kate M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was sorry to hear that you had trouble with your initial reservation. I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to smoothly check in after traveling all day with a car full of kids. I was so glad to read that Jamie was able to help get things straightened out for you. And I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel! If you are ever in this area again, please come back! We would love to be your "home away from home"!

Reviewed June 17, 2017

We were happy with this hotel choice. After a long drive, we were glad to find this conveniently located hotel just off I-81. Their rooms offered comfortable bedding, and their complimentary hot breakfast in the morning was much appreciated!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Therese H

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review! We were so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, from our top-notch rooms to our delicious complimentary hot breakfast! We welcome you back at anytime. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

if you come off 81, you'll pass the comfort inn first. I pulled in there until my son pointed out I had said comfort Suites. Comfort Suites is right around the block. And it is easily accessible to 81!

I was driving about 15 hours with 2 kids. I decided to stop over 1/2 way for everyone's sanity and comfort. So I knew I wanted the Bristol/Abington area. I finally chose the Comfort Suites because of their indoor pool and free breakfast.

The check in staff was friendly, even with a large party checking in and having issues, plus a slow computer, neither staff member lost their cool and politeness. The room was one of the larger ones I've stayed in. It was clean, and smelled nice. The pool was clean and had plenty of towels available. The hot tub was hot but only 2 jets were working (I have no idea if it is always like that, and didn't bother me so I had no need to find out. The wifi was good and didn't lag, it was easy to connect too. The bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable.

The free breakfast had more choices than some places. There were eggs, sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy, hash browns (which had that frozen taste, so I didn't like them), and then the usual cold options. Plus a waffle maker and mini maker.

Checkout was easy since my bill was under the door so I just had to hand in my key. I'd definitely stay there again if I was in the area. I was sorry I couldn't stay longer.

*if you don't want to go out, papa johns deliver to the hotel (not my favorite but after 8 hours driving, it did just fine).
**mc Donald's is right down the side road, and can easily be walked too.
***walgreens and rite aid were within 2 miles.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Tammy P

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review! We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay! For many of us, this place is a second home so we take great provide in making sure that our rooms are clean, the pool is well-maintained, and breafast is hot and plentiful. We are glad that our effort does not go unnoticed and we hope you will keep us in mind if you ever travel through this area again! Hope to see you soon!