“Home Away from Home”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This place was a HOME AWAY FROM HOME for me...Im not from the area and I stayed three nights, I didnt know my way around...the staff at this hotel were more then helpful...they talked with me several times on my cell when I got lost in the city...GREAT! The rooms were good and room service was Great!...I picked this hotel in Va because I stayed at another Holiday Inn Express in FL and it was good and the reviews for both hotels were GOOD,so I tried this Holiday Inn in Va and it was a good choice .I booked this trip online and there was a problem with my room when I got here, so the GM at this site UPGRADED my room to a KING with whrilpool! WOW, NICE!!! Over all good hotel and service....I would and i am going to stay again...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Pleasedwithstay_5227
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir

Reviewed 21 February 2012

This place was super nice. Customer service was excellent, hotel was clean, breakfast was fresh and had a good selection. The rooms were big and the cleaning service did great on freshing things up. Featured services that are free: laundry, workout room access, jaccuzzi, breakfast, and internet. I reserved the room through priceline at the rate of $74 on the weekends and $104 weeknights. Metro train station is about a 5 minute drive down the road and honestly the best way to get around downtown washington,dc. Free parking weekends and holidays. Train tickets $9 for an all day pass. Hotel is also close to "old town" where we had amazing "all you can eat breakfast"(weekends only) at a place called Royal Resturant. $11.50. Lots of shopping but limited parking.
Enjoy your stay in virginia/washington. If your driving like we did from iowa or the midwest area we would advise taking a "no toll roads" route, otherwise you will paying about $50 one way.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank iowatravelers218
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I was visiting my son and his family in Alexandria, and wanted a newer, clean hotel close to my son. This hotel was clean and met all my needs. They have a shuttle to the Huntington Metro which was great for me since my son lives one block form Huntington. Both shuttle drivers were very courteous, and Fred took me right to my son's front door which was an enormous help to me. He was extremely polite and helpful. I appreciate his help with my luggage also. I would definitely stay there again.
Note: I was in room 100 at first which is extremely isolated and decided to change rooms which was very easy to do.

Room Tip: Just avoid 100 unless you want to be isolated.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank bronwyn4
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We went to DC during the week between Christmas and New Years, and wanted a inexpensive and convenient hotel - we found one.
The staff were very helpful and friendly. The parking was free and they provided a free shuttle to the train station. We decided to drive in and found parking for $13 for the day which was cheaper than the 3 of us taking the train in. The drive was only 20 mins. during morning rush hour.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank biltonen
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We stayed last weekend at this hotel for a sports event. The staff was very nice. The room was nice and clean. The water pressure in the shower was good too. The breakfast bar was very nice with a good variety of sausage, eggs, yogurt and pancakes made on demand on a conveyor belt.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor. I would recommend a room that is numbered lower such as 1-10 as you will...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NavyWifeJapan
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The shuttle drivers are timely and friendly. Fred is the best. Always has a smile and opens the doors. Most convenient hotel to the metro without being downtown. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I stayed here in Jan for 2 nights. The hotel is not really close to any restaurants (and the neighborhood is kind of sketchy to walk in) so you can either get delivery or take a cab to eat somewhere. The hotel is not within walking distance to a metro stop but they have a very nice shuttle driver that will take you to the closest stop with no advance notice required. They will also pick you up from the metro stop within 15 minutes of you calling them (very cool). I switched rooms because the TV in my first room didn't work. Overall, it's an okay hotel, but for what you are paying, you could probably find something better a lot closer to downtown DC, if that is your final destination.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple