All reviews free parking separate toilet metro station water closet free breakfast shower area eisenhower avenue old town turkey sausage dc area pull out sofa desk area shuttle service oatmeal sitting area yellow line king suite
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Of all the good things about the hotel, the staff stood out most of all. Everyone, from the front desk to the cleaning crew, were friendly, helpful and efficient. Even though it was a busy weekend (Marine Corps Marathon) the staff remained cool and calm, even remembering us as we came and went.
The rooms were a good size and clean. Some reviews describe the hotel as worn or not clean, but we didn't find that to be the case at all - quite the opposite (except for the hallway carpet which will need to be replaced soon.)
Breakfast was pretty much what you expect in chain hotel self service breakfasts, but the staff kept everything refilled and the tables clean. The breakfast area is a little crowded when the hotel is full, but we were still able to find seats every day.
The Eisenhower Metro Station would have been close enough to walk to but with the weather chilly and wet we used the shuttle service. It's free, runs frequently and the drivers were very courteous. Free hotel parking was nice and about half the time we were able to get covered parking - the rest of the time we parked in the lot right outside the front door.
For the price in a high-priced metropolitan area, we felt like it was well worth it and would definitely stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Edwin P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Sandy3489,

Thank you so much for the great feedback from your stay with us over the recent Marine Corps Marathon weekend!

It sounds as though you were able to experience all our Hotel has to offer and our number one amenity, our staff!

I am excited to share your feedback with the team so I can celebrate their efforts in ensuring you had a memorable experience.

Hopefully we will be seeing you again soon during future trips to the Alexandria area.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m biased, as I’m close with someone in the Marriott world. I mean REAL close. Anyway. This hotel is awesome. Free parking. Breakfast. Awesome staff. Clean. And here’s why it’s REALLY great. I took an hour and a half nap in my room. At best, I usually fall asleep for five minutes. But here, it was so cozy that I fell DEEP asleep. Like, deep STATE asleep. I woke up not knowing where I was and thinking it was five in the morning, rather than 5pm. Never mind the dead Body next to me, I had an awesome nap. Seriously, great place and the nap is true (but not the dead body).

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi jlechelt,

Thank you so much for the great feedback from your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that even with your thorough knowledge of Marriott and all of our great Hotels, ours stood out as exceptional!

I am excited to share your feedback with our team and celebrate their hard work in ensuring you had a memorable stay.

Hopefully you were able to get yourself back on track after that amazing nap and that we will see you again soon during travels to the Alexandria area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a sub-standard Springhill Suites. The place is worn, the decor dated and the service unimpressive and not sufficiently friendly. The TV is small, the bed and bedding not particularly comfortable, the breakfast not good (hot food wasn’t hot and all of the food was low-end stuff) . . . I mean, what else do you want in a place? Parking is free—that’s good. The pricing is competitive (for a good reason). I guess for an inexpensive place it’s okay but I won’t stay here again because there is no joy in overnighting here. It’s a shame you can’t consistently count on a Springhill Suites to put a smile on your face.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Edwin P, Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good afternoon Richard E.,

We apologize that our hotel and service here at the Springhill Suites in Old Town Alexandria fell short of your expectations during your most recent stay with us. Our Marriott Brand as a whole, aims to ensure our guests have the best stays with us, and have a great story to take back with them; so we apologize that you didn't fell that was embodied during your stay. Our staff at the Springhill Suites especially lives by Marriott's Brand, so we are sorry to hear you didn't leave with a smile on your face. Should you decide to come back to us, we would love to show you what our Springhill brand is all about, and would be grateful for a second chance to put a smile on your face.

The Springhill Suites Team

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

I run a company that does a significant amount of business in the Washington DC metro area and end up here quite a bit. I used to frequent another Marriott property in Alexandria and when I had multiple issues on my most recent stay, the management at that hotel responded with what I felt was a truly inadequate response. So on my stay here for the last couple of days I tried this property and it was fantastic!

Even when I was leaving just now, I looked around the corner and the gentleman Joe at the front asked me if I needed something and I told him that I was simply looking for a cup of coffee before my long drive but I noticed that it was put away already. He told me not to move and proceeded to the kitchen and returned with a fresh cup. He went above and beyond.

Truly a great property and an asset to the Marriott brand. I will be back again very soon.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Edwin P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Hi stephen c,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your fantastic feedback from your recent stay.

We are so glad to hear you such an enjoyable experience while utilizing our Hotel for your business trip.

Joe is absolutely an asset to our Hotel and our team and always puts our customers first! He will most certainly be celebrated for his efforts in this situation.

I would love to learn more about your business and how we can assist in the future with accommodating you when you return to the area. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at shs.wasva.gm@marriott.com so I can be sure you are taken care of.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences and we look forward to being your home away from home again soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

My pet peeve is clean towels and they had very clean and fresh bath towels. This is the perfect location for vacation travel.
Metro was two blocks away .. FedExField, Capital one area, Downtown DC is all only 20-30 minutes away. The employees were great .. even though I’m a Dallas Cowboys fan. I don’t recall the two gentlemen who worked the evening/ night shift but they were awesome. Also the lady in the day shift was very helpful with different suggestions to get to and from our destinations. She to was a Redskins fan who made our trip very enjoyable.,
The only thing that I disagreed with is that we didn’t have the Waffle maker on Sunday Morning. Loved the spinach and Turkey Sausage . We will definitely be back .. Thanks again for the great experience and Go Cowboys !!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Edwin P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Hi Christopher C,

We are so glad you had such an enjoyable experience at our Hotel.

It sounds as though you got to experience all the great things are Hotel has to offer such as a delicious complementary breakfast and an amazing staff!

We are especially thrilled we met your expectations when it came to our cleanliness, particularly the towels. The Housekeeping team prides themselves in having top marks for cleanliness and it sounds as though you were no exception.

The Cowboys and Redskins played a thrilling game and although I suspect the result did not help make the trip a completely positive experience we are glad you chose to stay with us nonetheless.

Hopefully we see you again soon!