“Evening meal”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Ernie's was very good. Laid back atmosphere, good service and great food. Would recommend highly. We had the king crab, crab cakes, fish, vegetable soup with crab, and New England clam chowder. Prices were reasonable

Reviewed 21 July 2016

I really wanted to give this restaurant the benefit of the doubt due to all of the mixed reviews I recently read online. Sadly, I am unable to provide any positive information as it relates to both of my sad experiences.

My first experience, I ordered in as a single patron, the service was absolutely horrible. I waited almost 10 minutes to get my initial drink (glass of ice tea). Although the tea itself was great it was not worth the wait time. I waited 20 minutes after completing my first glass of tea for a refill, I ended up getting up and walking over to the counter in an attempt to retrieve it myself. I ordered a half dozen crabs, which weren't horrible (but I've certainly had much better), but the price was ridiculous. For 6 blue crabs with warm butter and a glass of sweet tea- my bill was $65.00. On top of that, no one ever returned to my table to check on me until I was brought the check (by the way there was only one other person in the entire restaurant).

After this experience, I thought wow, I would never return, but again, against my better judgement, several days later I thought I would give Ernie's another try. I was famished from a long day of meetings and really needed to grab a quick bite to eat. Therefore, I called Ernie's for take out. I ordered a few appetizers, calamari, clam strips and popcorn shrimp. The price was much better, but the service was still horrible and the food was mediocre at best. I ordered from my hotel room and was told it would be 15 to 20 minutes. I waited until 20 minutes had passed prior to arriving to the restaurant. Once I arrived my wait time was still 35 minutes.....unacceptable!

I did not know the area, but these two experiences forced me to move out of my comfort zone and seek other alternatives for lunch and/or dinner. Unbeknownst to me, Joe Theismanns restaurant (comfortable, classy and convenient) was located directly across the street- A MUST GO! This restaurant has similar items on their menu, the food and service was well worth the price.

Please DO NOT WASTE your money on the Crab House- there are better options in the area! :)

I hope this helps.

1  Thank Lasonya M
Reviewed 20 June 2016

We happened upon Ernie's when walking around Alexandria. We consider ourselves fairly easy to please. The food was okay when it finally arrived (We watched 2 rounds of customers at all surrounding tables served before our food arrived. We were told there was a "mix up" in the kitchen). The service was among the worst we have ever encountered.The gratuity is added to your check- perhaps one reason the service is so poor? We definitely would not return or recommend .

1  Thank photomomof2Edmond_OK
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

We waited for over 20 minutes for our order to be taken. Then it took 45 minutes for the crabs to arrive out of the kitchen. We order hush puppies that took over an hour to come out of the kitchen. The all you can eat is a joke we got crabs that literally had no crab in them the crab was so light. I have had blue crabs all over the country and never have I had crabs this light ever. The second round of this all you can eat crab that we got was a batch of bad sour crabs that literally smelled when they came to the table. They still took forever to even bring a check. If you eat here you will be disappointed not worth your money at all.

1  Thank Kusi2006Appiah
Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

Very disappointed. Placed an order for steamed crabs to pick up and take home and they had no record of the order and didn't seem to care.