“Old, Dirty, Dingy”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2018

For the prices charged I expected that the food would be at least decent.
The service was S-L-O-W and the place only had three of us in it...I suppose that should have been the first warning.
The dingy/dirty/drab décor should have been my second warning.
Since I did not heed those I was rewarded with Clam Chowder that could easily be bested by a can of Campbell's Soup. A single Crab Cake (yes one) for $17 was dry and had too much filler...

Reviewed March 6, 2018

Many choices on sizes for crabs. However, crabs are not local this time of year. Very informal. Decor could use some upgrading.

Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick dinner. First impression was that this place is empty at 630 pm in Alexandria...so I looked at TripAdvisor and Yelp and saw the bad reviews. Turns out the sandwich was delicious, the beer cold and service ok. Not fancy, but decent food.

Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

Went for a quick business dinner. Food wasn’t bad but over priced and the service was very slow. The worst thing was that the waiter(only person in the place) added at $24 tip to the bill without telling us or giving us an itemized bill. It was only after we asked how a bill for 4 people was &150 and asked for an itemized bill that we learned what he did. He never did tell us that he added the tip, and he had also taken a $30 cash tip that we had left trying to be kind for the holidays. No return trips to this place for me.

Reviewed October 19, 2017

The food was okay, although the portion was smaller than what you get at other restaurants. The service was just so-so. The main problem here is that it is way over-priced for what you get and the atmosphere. If you want to spend that much $$ for seafood, go about 4 more blocks and eat at Hank"s Oyster Bar where you'll get much better food, better service and better atmosphere for the same high price.