“Tasty Cajun Seafood!”
Review of RT's Restaurant

RT's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
RT's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Glebe Rd
Transit: Bus at corner of Russell and Mount Vernon Avenue
Reviewed 21 March 2017

We went to celebrate our daughter's 22nd birthday with some good old seafood. The seafood dishes were different, fresh, and very good! The restaurant is older but quaint and the cocktails were terrific too. They are a little pricey but more than worth it!

Reviewed 15 March 2017

I was taken here by my cousin, who found this place purely by accident. He was hungry lol! Glad he found it it is soooo good!!
I have been back two more times and took my hubby.
The food is really good and not cutie pied up. The gumbo, fried fish, beignets and pies are delicious. And I am a finicky eater. So I will be honest with you, so far hat I have had was good, except I didn't like the red beans and rice version, but to each his/her own.

This is a bar on one side and a dinning facility on the other. The staff are wonderful and Tom as a treat as well as Teresa (I believe is her name) The have there own brew and it is very good. Also, parking in lot near by is free and not far!! Like a half block if that!

I will be recommending and coming back when in area.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

This place was based on a local recommendation and oh boy it didn't disappoint. We got the She Food Soup to start followed by the salad both were great. For lunch I ordered the Shrimp and Crab Étouffée and it was awesome. Such an unassuming place and got save this one for future use. Stop in you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 25 February 2017

We've been dining at RT's for a few years now. Even as recent as two weeks ago. Our favorite waiter knows us and exactly what my husband will order - Shrimp Norman! I made a reservation about a week and a half ago for a party of eight @ 445pm. Because one person in the party works until 3, I decided to push the reservation to 5pm. The Open Table app on my phone wouldn't let me change it to the desired time so I CALLED the restaurant to change the reservation. A male answered the phone and, so I thought, changed the reservation. I texted the others in the party the new time of 5pm. The lesson learned? To always get the name of the person you're speaking with in case something comes up. Well, today two of the eight arrived at 452pm and were told to sit in the bar area - they would not seat the table until everyone arrived (an industry standard but never enforced here before). Myself, hubby, and two others arrived at 510 due to traffic coming from Columbia, MD. Since another industry practice is to hold a reservation for 15 minutes, I didn't think I'd have anything to worry about. I approached the host stand for seating and was told that we no longer had our table - the reservation was 445 and it was past the grace period. I promptly informed him (he said he was one of the managers on duty) that I called a week ago to change it to 5 o'clock. He said they had no record of it!! Our only choice was two separate tables - one in the dining room behind the host stand and one booth in the bar area in front of the door! I was quite disappointed - we had planned to dine together. My husband and I had really talked RT's up to one of the couples and they were anxious to try it out. What bothered me more than staff not recording our requested reservation time is this "manager" - his attitude was nonchalant, like he really didn't care if we ate there or not. Maybe because it was Restaurant Week and they were getting business at that hour that I've never seen the entire time we've been dining there. He made no effort to see if he could accommodate us. Since four of us were seated right behind his stand, we saw him pull up a reservation for a large table that we had asked about. The party wasn't there and it was in their grace period. He appeared to call them on the phone to inquire about their arrival! At one point, I was in mid-sentence when we asked questions about the seating policy - he turned away suddenly to address people at the door. There was no "just a second" or "I'll be right back". He just turned away without a word and clearly didn't care. It is because of him that RT's lost eight customers - we will not return...

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

My sister and I were up for a restaurant week experience. After reading several menus, we chose RT's. And we were awfully glad we did! Our waiter was very personable and professional. And the food was amazing! My sister got the alligator stew and shrimp and grits. I tried her stew; it had great flavor! The shrimp and grits were the best she had ever had. I started with the she crab soup--excellent. The pasta that I had was fantastic. Surprisingly, we had room for dessert. Her bread pudding was one of the best I've ever had. My chocolate mousse was incredible. Highly recommend! Very close to Birchmere.