“Greasy”

Cuisines: Irish, Fast food
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed March 31, 2015 via mobile

This place is in a great location, but that's about all going for it. The fish and chips were greasy, and that's really all they have to choose from. Not a fan. Won't be back.

2  Thank QuickWhitTravel

Reviewed March 21, 2015

First....the food was awesome and we would come back...love the atmosphere...feels traditional. Just not sure if we screwed up or if the owners don't make it clear. Didn't realize that it really was a chip shop and barely an eat in place...guess I expected a pub. 10 min wait and finally got a seat....only a few seats and tables . We went to order and pick up our food. Fish and chips were really good. But got regular portions and surprised they were very small.

2  Thank Deb R
Reviewed March 18, 2015

Does greasy, bright white and crispy battered fish really get any better than this. I love it here. I would go more if this food didn't set me up for having to buy new pants. Each piece is fried to perfection. The seating area is pretty small, but worth poking around for a seat. The staff isn't the nicest, but I am there for the fish. The fries are ok too.

1  Thank DC03
Reviewed February 8, 2015 via mobile

Good battered cod but great curry chips. Do yourself a favor and spring for the curry fries, you won't be disappointed. Great small place with communal seating fostering conversation with fellow travelers. Great location as well.

Reviewed December 28, 2014 via mobile

The family and I set out in October from Brussels Belgium with a hit list of eateries that we were going to enjoy during our month long return to Northern Virginia after living abroad for the last three years. If you have ever been to Belgium two things are evident from the get go...the weather is grey and so is the food. One of our favorite culinary romps is Eamonn's A Dublin Chipper...it's simple and delicious...fish, chips and Guinness.
As we prepared to check off yet another box on our list our excitement was palpable as we approached...as always the atmosphere was warm and inviting and we were greeted quickly...the aroma was inescapable and stirred memories of times gone past seated with family and friends in this very place so many times, so many years ago. We ordered our cod...thanks be to cod...two small ones for each of the kids...the adults, all 6 of us were treated to the large portion and two large chips, plenty for our crew...there we were, order placed, table set...it was time...the friendly man behind the counter rang up the kids drinks and I ordered our accompanying favorite adult beverage...the only one that pairs so perfectly with our culinary delight...then it happened, that same kind man spoke the most unimaginable, unthinkable, almost blasphemous response..."we're out of Guinness". I paused thinking I must have somehow misunderstood what he said, so I replied "what?" He stood there, embarrassed, and repeated himself...there was this pregnant, awkward pause...for a moment the thought of simply walking out entered my mind...but that fish...those chips...WE had to have them...he asked "would you like to order anything else"...I walked over to the cold case and selected an alternate drink for the patiently waiting group. It was done.
The food was incredible as always...but I left somewhat dejected not having enjoyed this meal so lovingly paired with a pint, or two, of Guinness.

1  Thank Jerry B