“Great Easter breakfast”
Review of Stomping Ground

Stomping Ground
Ranked #133 of 835 Restaurants in Alexandria
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Stopped here on the way out of town on Easter Sunday. Lucky we did not have to wait long. The restaurant had a nice vibe. You Order your food and drink and then are seated at a table. I ordered the veggie hash which is roasted local vegetables, paprika, farro, poached egg. That day one of the veggies were sweet potatoes and since I am partial to them I decided to try it. It was seasoned perfectly. The serving was large. They also have a nice assortment of coffees. We received our order shortly after being sat down.Our dining experience was very enjoyable. The food was good and the staff friendly.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

The not so classic chicken sandwich is my go-to. I know they have other great food, like the veggie has my wife gets, but I would live in regret without this delicious sandwich. The people who work there are super friendly and I'm just thrilled to have a place like this in my neighborhood.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

We walk to the Farmers Market in Del Ray and have always wanted to try this restaurant afterwards. Like other reviewers note, there is typically a line. We got it to go which seemed to be easier. Just wish they had a bigger space!!! The biscuit breakfast sandwiches are divine. Definitely wouldn't be able to eat this every day but wow! What a delicious treat! We'll be back!!

Reviewed November 15, 2017

The biscuits are so good, but you've got to be in the mood for a line. Also, be prepared to be so full you won't want to eat the rest of the day. This is definitely an every once in a while place for me, but I'd probably go more if the line wasn't so daunting. They are pretty efficient about moving people through and finding tables for all, but it's a single line so one big group or slow party can really jam things up.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

The vegetable hash here is one of my favorite foods. Grains, sweet potato, brussels sprouts, some other vegetables and savory seasoning come together deliciously with a poached egg on top. I also like the huge, fluffy biscuits with sorghum butter. I can't eat that and the hash in one meal, though. The restaurant is a nice, neighborhood place where you order at the counter and bus your own table, with lots of moms and babies dining midday. I took off one star because prices, especially for specialty nonalcoholic drinks, seem high for this sort of place. Lunch for one can run twenty dollars and one locally made drink this summer cost over ten. At those prices I visit for a rare treat only.