“A HORRIBLE Experince at the Comfort Inn Landmark”

Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
Ranked #39 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This is to inform. My Internet connection was out until 11:30 PM. I spoke to their trouble shooting adviser on several occasions in return no results. Moreover, upon speaking with the front desk clerk in reference to the matter I noticed that my phone was not working and again no results. In addition, my coffee pot had soap in it, kids clothing and toy under my bed, the bathtub was not clean, I then asked for cleaning supplies and again no results. Furthermore, after waiting for approximately 5 minutes at the front desk I noticed that the clerk was at Ihop getting breakfast. Then, he came and gave me the information I requested then I proceeded to the elevators. Again, the elevators was not working. I proceeded to go back to the front desk to speak to the clerk again. Upon arrival the original clerk was no longer there. Therefore, I spoke to a man and asked hlm where was the stairs. He nodded his head in the direction where the stairs could be. Nevertheless, this was my first time at this location and I couldn't understand what the nod actually represented. That is when the man yelled out to the front clerk. In return he approached the desk with food in his mouth. I then asked the clerk about the location of the stairs and then a customer advised me that their was a trick to operating the elevator. Last but not least the shuttle bus was over an hour and half late. I spoke to the manager about the situation and again no results. Inclusion, this experience he's been the worst and I request a refund in full.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Briana w
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Dear Briana W,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review as well as speaking with me before you checked out. I truly apologize again for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I want to assure you the areas you expressed at check out were addressed and taken care of. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I apologize again that we failed to meet your needs while you were here. If you're ever back in the area I hope you'll consider staying with us again. Please contact me personally so I can extend a discount on your stay.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

A $1.50 Safe w/ltd Warranty was assessed on my bill from this hotel. Although the charge has been removed from the bill by the hotel within the past 6 months, and by other Comfort Inn Hotels as recent as last week, the staff at the Landmark refused to remove the charge.

This charge is a bogus, bait and switch addition to the agreed upon room rate. The charge can not be expenced as part of my business trip. As such, the charge is considered entertainment. I do not enjoy this type of entertainment.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank James H
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Dear JamesH,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review. I truly apologize that our $1.50 safe fee has inconvenienced you. The fee assessed is not a bait and switch, it's a fee we are charged from the company that installed and provided the safes as a security feature for all of our guests. I'm glad we were able to remove the $1.50 for you and hope you understand why the fee is on your invoice. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a comment we truly appreciate the feedback. Have a wonderful winter.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

This is an older hotel, but as long as you realize that & have realistic expectations, you will find a great value for the cost. The room was clean, bed comfortable and you can turn the heater to fan only to provide white noise. The best feature of this hotel is the free shuttle to the Van Dorn Metro station. That makes touring DC very convenient and cost effective. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank EllenWind

Dear EllenWind,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review. We were thrilled to have you guys here at the Comfort Inn! I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy your visit to DC as well as Alexandria. Thank you for the recommedation and we truly look forward to having you stay with us again! We hope you enjoy the rest of the year!

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Pet friendly. Quite clean. Good access to interstates. Our room faced the interstate interchange and the early morning truck traffic was noisy, as were occupants of another room. Hotel management did try to quite the occupants, and when they could not... compensated us the next morning... though we lost a good bit of sleep with loud tv and slamming doors.

Personnel were polite and professional.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the interstate interchange.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KerryHoliday
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Dear Kerry Holiday,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn Landmark. I'm glad to hear despite the annoyance of traffic and a loud adjoining guest room, that you would come back and see us again. :) Thank you for the compliments I will share them with my team. They will Love to hear it! If you're ever in the DC/Alexandria area again please let me know. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

My husband and I stay at this hotel whenever we visit the DC/Virgina area, which is maybe 2-3 times a year. We always find it to be fine for the price - not super fancy, but adequate for our needs. The beds are okay (we always choose a king) and we have never had a problem with a dirty room or anything like that in any or our stays. The only thing is make sure you ASK for your coupon for IHOP in the morning for the discount for the breakfast as they do not always just hand them out. But I would recommend this hotel and as I say, we stay here every year.

Room Tip: Ask for your IHOP discount coupon in the morning or you may not get it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cathy S

Dear Cathy S,

I can't tell you how woncderful it is to read a comment from a loyal guest! First I'd like to Thank You and your Husband for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time out of your busy day to place such a great and informative comment about us to let our future guests know what they can expect when they get here. :-) Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you both again in the future! Have a wonderful fall/winter season.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

This was the best place for me to stay in DC area, just 5 minutes from The Pentagon and another 5 to Union Station in DC. If you catch them at the right time of year, it's also the most inexpensive hotel inside The Beltway. The neighborhood has unmatched ethnic diversity. The adjacent shopping center, a small strip, is like the United Nations includes extremely well run Vietnamese, Cambodian, African, Greek, Korean, Indian, and Latino retail establishments (including restaurants,) which makes one proud to live in a nation of immigrants.
Unfortunately, the price goes sky high in tourist season (Cherry Season, class trips), but usually it's been anywhere between $63 and $85/night. The place, as a whole, is somewhat threadbare, but the rooms themselves are very well maintained and the beds are comfortable, and the ice machines always work (not common in hotels at any price level.) I've stayed there three times (July 2011, Jan 2012, May 2012). My only complaint, and this is potentially serious, is that the wireless internet connection is inconsistent and sometimes downright awful. They need to bring in an entirely different system, or rivive the ethernet jacks that are built into the place. I wish hotels would learn that ethernet connections are the only reliable and secure path to the internet. The nearest McDonald's is the only really connection, and that doesn't help if you're hard at work in your bathrobe all night!

Room Tip: Just ask for something on the 3rd floor or above, also they may know at the desk if there's a la...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank GladstoneWilson

Dear GladstoneWilson,

I absolutely loved your informative comment! I can't tell you how wonderful it is to read a comment from a loyal guest! Thank you for taking the time to put some fantastic area things to do and places to eat down for our future guests. It's always nice to hear from previous guests on recommendations and experiences. :-) I truly appreciate it and we look forward to seeing you again when you're back in the DC/Alexandria area. Thank you again and have a wonderful fall/winter season.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We decided at the last minute to travel to Alexandria Va to go shopping for Antiques and knew that we would not spend much time in the room so amenities were not important. We booked the Comfort Inn Landmark (even after the negative reviews) because of price and location. The hotel is very well located and even though the hallway carpets and age of property is rough, it is very well located. We found that there were excellent restaurants very close by (TemptAsian) and the deal with the IHOP worked out very well. Parking was included and was no problem. The service was fair to good (wrong TV remote but after an hour got it corrected). Room and hallway carpet was rough but bedding was clean. Bathroom had an odor but it smelled like the beach. Overall (when considering cost and added restaurant benefits) would probably rate it 4 Stars.

Room Tip: Due to thin walls, try to get a room away from elevators. End rooms are in the 628/629 area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Hooman42

Dear Hooman42,

First I'd like to Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay! I know your time is valuable and I want you to know I truly appreciate it. Thank you for choosing to stay with us despite the previous comments. It is our mission to satisfy every guest, every stay and it looks like we accomplished that during your stay! I want you to know I have addressed the few things you mentioned. Thank you for bringing them to my attention. We are very happy to hear you will stay with us again when you're back in the area. We love our loyal guests, and look forward to your next trip to the DC/Alexandria area. Thank you again and I hope you and your family have a wonderful fall/winter season.