1,983 results
All reviews hotel monaco wine hour old town alexandria king street a pet friendly hotel farmers market attached restaurant mini bar happy hour complimentary wine valet parking the location is perfect free trolley few blocks torpedo factory front desk staff wonderful hotel
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

It’s the best hotel I’ve stayed so far. It’s super clean,spacious and I love the deco of our room. The hotel is at a great location convenient to restaurants and everything you name it. Don’t miss the Farmers market across the street on Saturday!

The hotel is 10 minutes walk to the train station that goes to DC or you can take tram.

Overall I’m very happy with my stay!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank vinotineer
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Pretty cool hotel in Old Town Alexandria. Great location in the neighborhood. Love the feel of the hotel lobby and the attached restaurant. Staff is very, very polite and accommodating. Room could best be described as eclectic. I had reserved a 2 queen room, and they offered an upgrade to a king on the sixth floor. I accepted, and once I entered the room, regretted it, as the the only window is Tony, and positioned so you can't really see out if it.

So, it's not cheap, but has a great location. It's a notoriously expensive neighborhood, but taxes and parking add $70 to the bill for a one night stay.

All together, I'd stay here again, just because of the neighborhood.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mike N, General Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Joe S,
Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Alexandrian. Our location right in the heart of Old Town can't be beat and I am glad you will stay with us again. Next time, we will be sure to get you a better view.
Mike Nelson

Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

The Alexandrian is an absolutely beautiful old hotel in old town Alexandria. It was very well kept and extremely comfortable as most Marriotts are. I was, however, completely disappointed in the service. My trip to DC was because I was running the Marines Corps Marathon. I was planning to check out on Sunday following the race. I chose The Alexandrian because it was one of the “official race hotels” and I love to stay at a Marriott. My check out time said 12pm which is impossible to anyone who knows anything about a marathon. They take 4 hours to run. I wouldn’t even make it back to the hotel by noon. After asking the front desk associate for a late check-out, I was told I had to wait to ask a supervisor because she couldn’t grant that to me. I waited until the following day and asked again and explained I was running the marathon and needed a late check out so I could shower following the race. I was very quickly told that she “could give me until 1pm.” I told her that I would do my best but that it would be impossible. She basically just smiled and let me go on worrying about how I would run 26.2 miles the next morning and leave without a shower. There was no effort to accommodate me in any way. I have run several marathons and official race hotels ALWAYS extend check out time for runners. Luckily I had friends staying at another hotel who (of course) gave them late check out due to the marathon. My husband packed everything up in the morning and dragged it across the city while I went to the start so I could come back to a place to shower and not have to worry about it. Being a loyal Marriott rewards member and someone who travels frequently for work and stays at Marriott every time, it was a BIG disappointment. I not only would not recommend this property to anyone going forward, but I likely will be reaching out to the marathon committee to have this property removed from their hotel roster as well. Unfortunately being a beautiful property in a great neighborhood doesn’t make up for poor service.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank corigibson72
CoreyBlafer, Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We strive to provide exceptional customer service, and I apologize that you did not receive this. We have discussed this with our team to ensure we are able to take care of as many guest requests as possible. I hope you will give us another chance in the future!

Reviewed October 30, 2018

I needed a hotel close to an Old Town event, and decided to pay the luxury-hotel price. I was very disappointed--small rooms, thrown-together furnishings, a light out in the bathroom, shower caulking beginning to mould. To top it all off, once within the two-day non-cancellation period, they dropped the price by two-thirds, but would not even consider giving me any discounted price. They gave us two breakfast coupons, and told us no reservations were necessary, but when we arrived for breakfast, we could not be seated. Avoid this over-priced, below-average quality property.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2018

Coming here for a power conference, we expected a top-flight hotel. We were sorely disappointed. Although the room was quiet, the beds were lumpy. Although the bathroom was big and well equipped, the maid didn't come to clean it up until I made a major fuss at the front desk with the manager the next day. The hotel restaurant shut me out from lunch when I came to eat at 1:30 P.M. suggesting the kitchen was closed - it seemed odd. There were a dozen restaurants within two blocks of the hotel, so it was less than a disaster, but the rain was coming down in buckets, so I got a bit wet trudging somewhere else even with an umbrella. The only thing free in the place was a cup of coffee, and that tasted like mud - $3.50 for a tiny bottle of water.

Stay somewhere else unless you like to be ripped off and abused.