All reviews potomac river king street old town flight path extra perks free shuttle reagan airport braddock road several blocks hotel shuttle shuttle service block walk metro station dc area roland capital
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed for 10 days and enjoyed the room and location, since we had a Patomic river view room on the top floor and know the location. Rooms was clean, spacious and comfortable. Sleept very good in the beds. Unfortunately the breakfast and staff is not up to Crowne Plaza standard. We stayed at several CP's in Europe and Middle East before. The breakfast had more selection and better quality during Radisson times. We ordered smoked salmon from the menue (which was on the buffet, when it was Radisson) to hear that they do not have it available. Some of the hot items on the buffet were cold. That was the reason we always went to La Madeleine downtown. Now the staff does not say a word more than necessary. No welcome to the Crowne Plaza, no How are you today?, no How was your stay with us? at check out. And this after 10 days with them. Dissappointing.

Room Tip: Ask for river view on a high floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
herreh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Alexandria. I apologize that our staff did not give you the friendly and attentive service you are entiteled to and I would like to ensure you that your comments will be followed up on with the appropriated departments and employees.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed there for 2 weeks this july. The rooms were nice and clean. It would have been nice to have a small refrigerator. The staff was always very nice and helpful. The shuttle to the metro was a plus. We were withing walking distance to old town alexandria. I would definitely stay there again on my next trip to washington dc. The connecting rooms were nice since we were there with family.

Room Tip: The beds were a little small. they were supposed to be queen but im sure where full.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ebutters

I thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us and the positive comments regarding our staff, the shuttle service and our location. As far as the beds are concerned, you obviously have been given some wrong information as it relates to the bed size and I apologize for thast. We only have King andDouble beds. By the end of September all our rooms will have Refridgertors and Micro Wave ovens, which will be a great additions especially for guest staying longer then just a few nights.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here for four nights for a conference last month. The hotel has a very nice location, right along the waterfront, with easy access and walking to King Street and nice historical areas. The conference rooms were also very nice, although quite cold with the air conditioning! The room was beautiful, and bed very comfortable.

We had hit-or-miss service from the front desk staff, and also a meal at the hotel bistro where we waited very long for our meal -- but otherwise I was very happy with this location and would recommend to travelers or conference attendees. Price is probably fair the area but expensive coming from the west ... :)

• Stayed: June 2011

Thank you for staying with us during your conference and your nice comments regarding our location in relation to the river and the historical sections of Alexandria.
Your comments regarding the frontdesk are very much appreciated and I can assure you that it will be addressed. As far as the GastroPub is concerned, we are working out a few kinks related to production and service. This is a new venture for us and we are almost there.
Thank you again.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Stayed here at the start of a long journey across America and enjoyed the facilities very much. Comfortable and ideal for tourists at a reasonable level.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you had a great trip and many pleasant experiences in your trip accross our country. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and hope you will stay with us again when the opportunity arises.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

This Crowne Plaza is a cross between a motel and hotel. Seven stories high, it has a huge parking lot over which my room had a direct view. There may be rooms with a more attractive view. Good features: large room, good bed, good pillows, excellent temperature control, good bathroom with tub/shower, large screen tv. Coffee in room was surprisingly good - a B+, I'd say - I'm a coffee fanatic, so that's a good rating from me. Mini-van shuttle to airport takes about 10 minutes, runs on the hour and on the half-hour, makes only one other hotel stop en route. Elevators are surprisingly sufficient - hardly ever a wait of more than a minute. Quiet at night - not a partying kind of clientele. Minuses: Lacking: safe; mini-bar; small frig. No pool, alas. Broken: outlet for clock radio. Didn't complain since only there for 2 nights and had my own alarm. Outlets: a few, adequate for my three devices, but maybe not for a highly tech-carrying person.

The restaurant is ok for casual lunch/dinner. Food is pleasant. There's also a sportsbar. Didn't try breakfast, because the conference I was at provided that; however, it was catered by the hotel, and the quality and variety (including eggs, bagels, lots of fruit) was excellent. I liked the conference facilities a lot: the chairs were comfortable and the acoustics excellent, so the lack of a mike for speakers wasn't a problem. Also, since the hotel is small, it's not necessary to run a mile between the room and the conference facilities as it is well laid out. Conference bathrooms are clean and well-supplied with necessities. As you will accurately guess, I go to lots of conferences where these issues, if not well done, can ruin the event. Especially the acoustics!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Marian S
herreh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

I am sorry that your room did not have a view of the Capitol or the river as some of the rooms on the upper floors have and that you had some difficulties with the outlet. I asked housekeeping to test all otlets to ensure that proper connectivity exist.
Also, we are in the process of getting refridgerators and micro wave ovens for all guest rooms and the project should be completed by the end of September.
Thank you for your compliments about the food quality you experienced. We are proud of our food quality and our Executive Chef who is a Culinary Institute of America (CIA) Certified Executive Chef. The quality and selection of food and beverage in our restaurant the "Rail Stop Gastro Pub" shows his creativity and culinary skills.
Thank you for your comments and I hope if you return to Alexandria you wil again stay with us.