“Customer Service - A+”

Eat Bar
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Latin, Wine Bar
Reviewed March 25, 2017

Fantastic food and excellent service! We visited after marching all day in the January Women's March. The staff was pleasant, helpful and attentive! The atmosphere was exciting with the juke box music. I accidentally dropped a handmade headband on the floor and left without it. I contacted them next day. They found it and sent it to me at my home in a neighboring state! That's customer service!

Reviewed March 2, 2017

Funky atmosphere. Love the old cassettes on the booth wall. Small intimate seating. Great Food. Fun Beer List. Would recommend to anyone. We have the pimento bacon cheeseburgers and fries. They were amazing and reasonably priced for DC. Located in a neighborhood with plenty of dining and shopping options. Waitress was a little disinterested but it was noon on Saturday and they had just opened. Fun craft cocktail list.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Pros: warm and inviting space, comfortable chairs, great happy hour specials ($5 drafts), and some great dishes (burgers, brunch short rib poutine, warm olives)

Cons: inconsistent service and poor dishes (uncooked omelet on my last visit)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I just had a wonderful brunch at Eat Bar. I may go back again next weekend. Eat Bar is the cozy bar side of Tallula with a nice list of available beer, wine and specialty cocktails. With classic cartoons playing on a large screen overhead, I had three of the best things I've ever ordered. They started us with a gift from the kitchen - small doughnut-like balls in a sauce I think was caramel. We shared an order (3) of small biscuits with shaved ham and (extremely mild) jalapeno jelly. My main course was the Crispy Pork Benedict, with a poached egg on top of a crispy patty of breaded and shredded pork - all sitting on top of Hollandaise sauce. I had a side of cheese grits that had the best flavor and texture of any grits I'd ever had. I'll be back to try their very interesting-sounding evening small plates menu as well. Service was excellent and parking was adjacent and convenient.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

They have a nice bar menu. Something for everyone. The decor is very home like, with couches, upholstered chairs. little nitches for votive candles, giving it a very cozy & comfortable feel.