“dangerously delicious treats”

Heidelberg Pastry Shoppe
Ranked #2 of 24 Bakeries in Arlington
Description: We hope you will enjoy this virtual tour of our unique German bakery and delicatessen, located on Lee Highway in Arlington. During your visit, you will become acquainted with the breads, cakes, pastries and deli items that make Heidelberg Pastry Shoppe the most authentic German bakery in the D.C. metro area! As the holiday season approaches, please remember our holiday hours.
Reviewed August 11, 2015

we have been coming here for sweets and bread for many years. the pastries, cookies, Hamentaschen and Ruggelah, poppy-seed anything, breads are all extraordinarily good. haven't tried the German deli sandwiches, and we avoid on weekends because of the crowds. the service is consistently helpful, positive, and professional. sometimes it's possible to get good deal on breads. it's not cheap but I think it's good value. there are a couple of tables and chairs to sit. fun deli items from Germany and northern and central Europe.

Reviewed August 5, 2015

I've been here a few times before but always didn't have a good experience food wise. My friend's told me maybe it was because I went after work and that the pastries and food weren't as fresh as it would be in the morning. So last month, I went bright and early and got myself a loaf of bread, some cupcakes, cookies, and some danishes. Sadly the taste of all I had bought were just slightly average. Quite disappointed.

1  Thank TravellinOnABudget
Reviewed June 3, 2015

Coming from a small midwestern town where we don't get authentic bakeries, this was a highlight of our trip. However, if you aren't staying in Arlington it may not be worth the trip to get there. the food was delish, the pantry stuffers were awesome but we really could not buy any and take them home on the plane. buy an assorted box and keep it in your hotel room thru the trip.

Reviewed May 11, 2015

The Heidelberg bakery is a real old-fashioned place that I have been coming to for 25 years. They are the real deal. In addition to breads and pastries, they sell a variety of cakes, candies and have a great deli section where they will make sandwiches. There are a few small tables for those who want to eat in. When the weather is nice, they grill sausages outside and have a couple of tables you can sit at. It's the kind of place that makes suburbia feel like a real neighborhood because everyone goes there. I always buy their dinner rolls, sticky buns and pastries with fruit in the center. But everything is excellent.

Reviewed May 5, 2015

This Arlington landmark has been here for years. No wonder. The baked goods are fresh and tasty. From a vast array of speciality breads, to donuts, danish, tarts, cookies and cakes for various occasions, you can't go wrong. I often will stop for lunch to eat there or take home. You can also buy various German and European products and the fresh meats and cheeses. Wasn't I surprised to find a couple dressed in German costume playing the accordion and singing beautiful German songs (including yodeling!) What a fantastic place. I can't think of anyone who has not been here but if you haven't GO!!!! Schnell!! (that means right now I think)