“Best Crystal City Marriott Property”

Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This is the complete opposite of its sister property, Marriott Crystal Gateway. This property's staff is one of the most friendly outside of the Marriott SEATAC. The housekeeping staff were pleasant, helpful, and very responsive to request for room items. Room service staff were prompt, very prompt and helpful. Bar and food staff were not only good at their jobs, but very friendly. No mojitos at the bar, but the martinis were generous.

Front desk and bell staff were incredible. My early check-in, after a red eye, was efficiently handled.

Guest laundry was clean, if small, and not coin-op.

Room was clean, spacious, and suitable. Deskchair was a little stiff and very thinly padded. Paid parking was good, garage staff friendly.

The lobby seems a little claustrophobic.

Room Tip: For a randomly selected room, facing Jefferson Davis, the room was relatively quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Your comments about our friendly and helpful staff were great to read; thank you for taking the time to share your experience. And yes, our complimentary guest laundry room is one of those little known gems of this hotel so I am glad you were able to utilize it. More improvements coming and we will keep pushing our wonderful service.

Let me know then next time you return and I'll be sure we have a mojito ready for you.

There are newer reviews for Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport

Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stay in Crystal City often when traveling on business and stayed here twice. There is another Marriott nearby which is sort of attached, and I prefer the Gateway to this hotel, but this is a very close runner up. Its all about location. There is a metro stop on site. This hotel is everything you would expect from a Marriott, though I never like being charged for internet. That is pretty common in this area, but there are few in Crystal City where internet is still included for guests. I would def. stay here again in the future.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I used to spend 3 months at a time here. Just stayed there recently and was disappointed by changes to the hotel. The concierge lounge which was up top and overlooked the airport. The new lounge is on the fourth floor. Is half the size, and overlooks the 1. The staff is still fantastic though.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am thrilled that you still found our staff to be "fantastic". I also wanted to let you know that our brand new, expanded and updated Concierge Lounge (overlooking the corner of Bell Street and 20th Street) is finishing construction as I type and is expected to open in the middle of March. This, combined with our relocated, modernized and upgraded fitness center due to open at the same time will certainly make our property amenities as great as our staff.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

We stayed five nights for a conference. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Restaurant served good food for breakfast with staff that made sure your needs were met. Rooms were clean and large. We will stay there again when we are in Washington,D.C., you have the metro a block away and a mall underneath.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

My adult daughter and I stayed in this Marriott for the weekend before she began a business trip in nearby National Harbor, Maryland. We wanted something affordable but convenient to all the sight-seeing in Washington DC. Well, this Marriott was perfect. We arrived late on Friday night (from Arizona) but within a couple of minutes a free shuttle was there to take us to the hotel. Our driver was friendly and courteous. The hotel staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and explain the Metro system to us. Get this- the Metro station is so close that if you take the hotel's elevator down to the ground level you enter a tunnel that contains shops, restaurants and the
Metro entrance!! It doesn't get better than this. A quick Metro ride and you're in the heart of it all...we did all the great sights (Smithsonians, White house tour, Capital, Supreme Court, Library of Congress, etc). This Marriott has great food too. One of the best meals we ate on the trip was at the restaurant there...Maryland crab cakes and a wonderful grilled mahi mahi. Every staff member was wonderful- very polite and friendly. We wanted to stay longer....will definately go back. The price was incredibly affordable too. No compliants at all.

Room Tip: We stayed at the top and had a decent view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KJSLP1
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. Our entire staff strives to provide the high level of service you described and I will certainly share your feedback with our Executive Chef about the wonderul meal you enjoyed.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed overnight for new years, great hotel! EXCELLENT STAFF at check in and check out. Room was great, wish I could've stayed longer. First time in a Marriot and it did not disappoint, will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I read about getting a room facing away from the busy street.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stayed at the Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport in March, 2011, and had the most wonderful Weekend. The transportation to and from the airport was "Free," and the Metro was right in the basement of the hotel! The prices are much cheaper on the Weekends, and breakfast was included during my stay. My delicious breakfast included Omelets, Bacon, Coffee, Orange Juice, and many other choices. I paid $99 for both nights, through Expedia, and the only negative thing that I can say is that one is charged for Internet (less than $10 for 24 hours). I loved my stay, and I will stay again at this hotel! NOTE: In Florida, I have to pay transportation to and from airports, Internet, parking, breakfast, and the list goes on. I wish that my next meeting was in D.C. :(

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Wow, thank you for sharing these great comments. While we can't take personal credit for the great location we have, we are thrilled you enjoyed our culinary offerings. Hopefully we will see you the next time you do have a meeting in this area.