“Surprising Discovery in a Residential Area”
Review of Lebanese Taverna

Lebanese Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Lebanese Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,005 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Army Navy Drive
Transit: Metro Pentagon City - blue and yellow lines
Description: Lebanese Taverna Pentagon Row offers a warm and vibrant dining atmosphere with the beauty of traditional Arabic features. The 80 seat outdoor cafe serves as the neighborhood gathering spot for outdoor summer concerts series and Ice Skating in the winter. Located in the center courtyard of Pentagon Row Shops by the ice rink.
Reviewed June 20, 2018

We were meeting an old friend at her son's home. Needed a mid afternoon lunch venue nearby. Son listed the Lebanese Taverna as first recommendation.

Easy drive and free parking. A treat to explore a cuisine that we don't have nearby at home. Fortunately Erica was full of fine recommendations and descriptions.

I elected the Shawarma Rolls (beef/lamb, promegranate and lebneh} and the Pulled Lamb Shoulder (warm baba ghanoush, promegranate on grilled zoatar flatbread).

Like I said a chance to explore a less familliar ciusine.

These were all from the Mezza menu. Large sizes for mezza, so you might want to limit yourself to one. Not sure I would have wanted to skip either one.

Preparation and presentation was fantastic. I added a Beirut Beer so as not to mix metaphors.

At the end, Erica talked us in to sharing a desert of Baklava. I was skeptical (I am part Greek), but this was wonderful, lighter and less sticky than was expecting.

Would love to live closer and explore the entire menu (so will be back next trip)

Jeanne & Gil

The Grey Gourmets

Reviewed June 18, 2018

I recently moved to the area and thought it would be easy to find good falafel. Well, I have had dry falafel and too spicy falafel, but this falafel was just right. I will definitely return. The falafel sandwich could stand to have a bit more filler, veggies and tzatziki.
They have a good drinks menu, with and without alcohol.
The service was fast and friendly.
The military discount is only during the week - other reviews mentioned it changed to every day but that is not the case, it is only offered Monday through Friday.

Lunch and drinks for two is about $40.

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I dropped in for a early dinner. We used Open Table. I had the lamb kabob - very tasty, a little overpriced - that’s why the 4 stars. Happy hour is only at the bar - bummer. My wife had the zucchini eggplant rolls and she loved it and would recommend. We would recommend this place.

Reviewed June 1, 2018

We visited this restaurant 15 years ago and it has been significantly remodeled. Beautiful inside. Started with the shawrma sliders, bronzino was very nice. Asked for side serving of veggies and they accommodated. Services was fair but polite.

Reviewed May 20, 2018

We've travelled to the Middle East and tasted authentic food before, and this restaurant does not disappoint! Large portions and terrific food, efficient and personal service, parking available nearby. Found this restaurant through online reviews and they were correct - a definite win!