“Closed?”

Bonsai Grill
Ranked #207 of 1,005 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

Closed at 6:30pm on a Monday? Bummer! Guess I should've called before walking all the way over here. Everything else on the block was open and busy. Guess I'll try out the diner instead...

Reviewed April 30, 2017

My wife and I have now dined here twice together with our son and his family, and our shared opinion is summarized in the title of this review. Sushi and sashimi are quite fresh (as they ought to be). The udon is remarkable for the abundance of ingredients in addition to noodles and the exceptionally hearty and flavorful broth. If the weather is nice there are a couple of tables on the covered patio in front where one can scope out the funky neighborhood while enjoying lunch or dinner. Reasonable prices. We advise coming early for dinner as the restaurant is small and fills up pretty fast during peak dining hours.

Reviewed February 10, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I, and anyone that knows, loves this place. Hands down the best quality sushi. I suggest getting the boat and taking the reminder to go. But, eat the boat to go is just sooooo good!

Reviewed February 4, 2017

wow!!! very fresh sushi and sashime ever I had .I miss it already.Yam yam
I liked food on the boat. I wish had picture of it..
I will go back again and again.

Reviewed October 17, 2016

The actual name is Crystal Bonsai Sushi, to distinguish it from Bonsai Sushi in Shirlington.

I could also call it our "To Go" sushi place because we've done carry out quite often. Either way, we've found the sushi to be fresh and tasty. It is small -- maybe five seats at the sushi bar, maybe ten tables inside and a few outside. Reminds me of sushi places in Tokyo.

Your sushi order will come with miso soup, a small lettuce salad with ginger dressing, and often a piece of sauteed fish as an "amuse bouche", or "lagniappe."