We booked a balcony suite overlooking the Potomac for an extended weekend in April, 2012. We took the train and arrived early - about 11:30 and thought we'd try to check in. The room wasn't cleaned and we were directed to return after 1:30 (check in is officially 3pm). This was expected so we checked our bags and went into DC to see an exhibit. We returned at 4:30. The hotel is being remodeled so things were a bit chaotic. There was a line at registration and 2 people in the regular line and one in the HHonors line. After a short wait it was our turn. The registrar explained that she had requested updates from housekeeping but could not determine is any of our room types were cleaned and ready. She called again and when she did not receive an answer, she called someone from the back office. By now, we had several people all calling many other people to try to find a room. We were told that we would receive the first cleaned room of the type we requested. After a good bit of time, a room was found on the 14th floor and we were given keys and comped breakfast for our trouble. I wish I had her name as she was professional and helpful. We got to our room and met a woman from housekeeping. She was still bringing in towels and led the way into the room. She saw that there was a large table and chairs in the living room portion of the room and questioned if we had ordered it. We had not, and she said she would call for someone to take it out. We noticed that the room only had one easy chair and ottoman - no other place to sit. The housekeeper said she'd get someone to bring something else - a couch or chair so we both could sit in the same room. Sometime later, a man came to the room with a desk chair! We sent it away. Housekeeping returned with hand towels and said she would call again. My husband went to the lobby and the only manager that was found was Brian from food and beverage. He came and looked and said that he would call maintenance and get it fixed. After another wait, someone came and took out the table, but brought another type of uncomfortable lobby-type chair. After many more calls, and much aggravation, Brian found someone to bring in a second comfortable chair and ottomon. He also helped wash away the aggravation with some wine he sent us.
After this, we enjoyed the room. The vantage point of a Potomac view was amazing. We could watch the waterfront fireworks from our balcony! The walk to the metro was an easy 1/2 mile from Pentagon City, a large multi level mall.
Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. The wait staff was friendly and accomodating.
We would definately try this hotel again. (our room was very quiet even though the hotel was fully booked).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel minutes from Ronald Reagan National Airport and located across the Potomac from Washington D.C. just two blocks from the Pentagon and Fashion Centre Shopping Mall. Houses the areas only revolving rooftop restaurant and lounge featuring views of the DC skyline. Amenities include luxurious guest rooms and suites with high speed internet access, fitness center, indoor heated pool, lobby bar, cafe, and fine dining restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton - Washington Dc - Crystal City Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Crystal City National Airport
- Doubletree Hotel Crystal City