We just returned from 5 nights at the Doubletree for our Spring Break trip to DC.
We're a family of four-- we have two small children. We got a King Jr. Suite w/a sofa bed, and it was exactly as pictured on the website. It worked out very well for our family. We were able to keep drinks, snacks & leftovers in the fridge, had plenty of room in the closets & drawers to store everything we brought for the week.
I was impressed with the size of the safe-- we were able to keep my work laptop, home laptop, iPad, DS, etc. in there with room to spare.
While in-room Internet access isn't free, we were able to access it for free in the lobby. Renovations in the lobby look like they're nearly complete, and my 3 year old personally sat in every chair the first night the new furniture was there. The seating was very comfortable for adults, too.
The kids had a fantastic time in the pool, and while we got in to play with them, it was nice to have a lifeguard on duty, as well.
We took the shuttle to the mall to catch the Metro most days, but never quite figured out the return timing. The walk back took 8-10 minutes-- not a big deal.
The pricing for everything (parking, internet, food) was as we expected-- expensive for someone from the Midwest, but in line with what we saw advertised in the DC area. The breakfast buffet was very good-- even our picky 8 year old was satisfied.
Overall, we were treated very well on our trip. The 3 year old would have spent the whole vacation in the hotel if it were up to her!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel minutes from Ronald Reagan National Airport and located across the Potomac from Washington D.C. just two blocks from the Pentagon and Fashion Centre Shopping Mall. Houses the areas only revolving rooftop restaurant and lounge featuring views of the DC skyline. Amenities include luxurious guest rooms and suites with high speed internet access, fitness center, indoor heated pool, lobby bar, cafe, and fine dining restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton - Washington Dc - Crystal City Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Crystal City National Airport
- Doubletree Hotel Crystal City