3,203 results
All reviews double tree north tower revolving restaurant skydome restaurant crystal city warm cookies lobby bar pentagon mall whole foods self parking breakfast buffet free shuttle washington dc metro station shuttle service reagan airport fitness center
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I'll preface my review by saying that I am a Hilton Silver Honors Member (receiving free Internet), stayed only one evening, and did not use any of the hotel's facilities. I was in on a Friday night and found Sheila, who checked me in, extremely pleasant to deal with and engaging. She certainly set a great tone for the rest of my evening. As a frequent traveler who happens to be blind, you can well imagine that I have experienced differing levels of customer service, depending on the comfort level of the folks I interact with. All of the staff at this hotel were totally on point, again, especially Sheila, without overdoing it, or seeming patronizing.
My room was a perfect size for me (while I traveled alone, I requested a room with two beds to get a bigger sized room).

The only comment I will make is that the lobby bar seemed to close early for a Friday night. If memory serves, it was around midnight. I was recommended to head upstairs to the club, however it was too loud, and there was a cover charge.

On my next trip to the area, I'd certainly consider coming back, if the rate is right.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you for the review. I am glad you mentioned that you are a Silver member and took advantage of the complimentary Internet. That gives me a great opportunity to point out that this is not offered at many hotels. The Hilton HHonors program offers complimentary Internet to Gold & Diamond members. As a way to show our appreciation for Blue & Silver members, we offer one night complimentary Internet to these important HHonors members.

I am so glad to read you had a positive check in experience with Sheila. She works hard to make sure our guests are happy so it is nice that you recognized her. I will be sure to share your comments with Sheila and her co-workers.

Your comment on the Lobby Bar closing too early will be passed to the Director of Food & Beverage. The published closing time is midnight, but if there is a large crowd it does stay open later. Thank you for the suggestion of keeping it open later. We take guest comments very seriously and use them to improve.

Thank you again for the review and I do hope you return soon. I am glad the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City is on your short-list of hotels and hope we become your choice hotel when you travel into the area. As always I invite anyone to contact me anytime.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were in a renovated part of the hotel, and found the room very nice and comfortable. Our room was cleaned and serviced by the delightful Ofilia, who was one of the best parts of our stay. Very considerate and nice, and anticipated our needs (like extra coffee) in advance. We did find that the charges were excessive for things that are routine in less expensive Hilton properties. For example, $11.95 per day for wireless access (free in most other hotels); $23 per day for parking; and room service coffee was $18. Just too much extra charges for a hotel that was over $250 a night just for the room.

We understand that DC is expensive, but there are lower priced options that don't charge for internet and have free coffee. While this is a nice property, we won't stay here again when we return to DC.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. It is so nice to read you enjoyed your renovated room. The feedback on the renovations has been so positive and I am glad you got to experience a renovated room. It is rare that people take the time to mention the housekeeper, so thank you for doing that. We will most definitely share this comment with Ofilia and the entire team.

The internet charge is not something that is set at the hotel. Hilton Worldwide has made the decision to charge for the internet at all full service hotels (Embassy Suites, Hilton, & Doubletree). This is the same decision made at all other major hotel chains (Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt, etc) as they too charge for the internet in their full service hotels.

I can understand why if you travel in from an area that does not charge for parking the $23 charge can seem excessive. However, if you compare it to other area hotels you will find the charge to be on the lower end of what is charged to park at hotels. Also please keep in mind that it is far lower then hotels found inside Washington DC as some hotels charge $45 or more to park. As with most hotels, if not all hotels, room service tends to be more expensive than if you go to pick up the item yourself. We have Starbucks coffee available all day in our brand new Cafe Go. Please feel free to pick up a cup or two and avoid the fees associated with room service. Also, please note that coffee is offered complimentary in all of our rooms as there is coffee packets & a coffee maker.

I am sorry you made the decision not to return and hope you will reconsider when you compare our costs with those at similar hotels. Thank you again for the review and as always, I invite anyone reading my response to contact me anytime.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I have stayed here in the past, last trip I was told renovations would be complete by this May, but it was loud with lots of construction still happening. First room they gave me was occupied. Then I had to wait many hours and still got a pretty poor room compared to my prior stays. We needed a fridge for medicine, the front desk kept saying they were out without being aware of a process for handling the situation. Finally gave me a manager who alos kept just repeating they were out of refrigerators. I had to tell them they needed to find ssome way to take care of our need. I had the feeling the staff thought i was lying. This is unacceptable, the front desk has some pretty clueless and unhelpful staff. Others are very good, but over shadowed by the poor staff. I am a diamond member so stay at Hilton brand hotels often but some of the staff didn't seem to care about customer loyalty. The restaraunt has great breakfast staff- opposite from the front desk.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Thank you for the review. I am very sorry for the challenges you had during your stay. The renovation project was to be over by May. There was a delay in reopening the Lobby Bar as some of the flooring had come in damaged. I am happy to let everyone know that the Lobby Bar is reopened and the current renovation project is completed. There are no more temporary walls, no more noisy work, and no more restricted areas in our public space. I am sorry the last delay caused you some frustrations.

Checking into an occupied room should never happen. The Director of Front Office is looking into this to not only see what occured, but also to make sure it does not happen again. I can definitely understand why this would be upsetting. I am sorry that there was not a refrigerator available for you. We currently have them in all of our newly renovated suites/rooms. When the remainder of the rooms are renovated at the end of this year we will then have refrigerators in all of our rooms. We typically have enough to handle the amount of requests, but I again apologize none were available to you. I do not think the staff thought you were lying and I am sorry if it appeared that way. There were no refrigerators available which is why this was being told to you.

Thank you for mentioning the restaurant staff as this comment will be shared with them. The Director of Front Office will be going over your review to remind them of how important it is to be attentive to all of our guests. Your stay experience is not typical of our guests and I do hope you will return. I am confident that if given another opportunity we can restore your faith in our staff.

Thank you again for the review and as always, I invite anyone to contact me anytime.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Last year I could have sworn we were in a gorgeous room in the North Tower with my colleagues. When I asked the desk clerk, Terrance, he agreed- buy a clue Terrance-NOT. He had right to correct me. We took two rooms on the 7th floor North Tower. What a disappointment. Rugs old and dirty. Musty odor. The only nice thing was Reina who cleaned and made the rooms smell better...Mucho gracias, Reina.
As for Terrance- maybe he needs a map to tell customers what floors are the newer ones. He had right to correct me when I asked if that was where the newer rooms. This time I looked less than stellar with my colleagues. I don't accept that. He should have corrected me and looked up where we stayed last year. Don't most hotels keep this kind of info?
Customer satisfaction is my business.....unfortunately- this time I wasn't.

Room Tip: South tower is prettier and newer. Cleaner too.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you were unhappy with your room this year. Without knowing your name, I can not comment on what room you stayed in last year as to compared to this year. Terrance may have been agreeing/confirming that you stayed in the North Tower last year. Terrance would not have intentionally deceived you as he knows once you go up to the room, you can come right back down to him. I wish if you were not happy with you room that you had requested a room change. My apologies that you were made to look bad in front of your collegues. However, I am glad Reina was able to help make your room more satisfactory.

I do hope you will return so we have an opportunity to restore your faith in the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City. Thank you again for the review. As always, I invite anyone to contact me anytime.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

We were a family of eight traveling and had four rooms here. We checked in well after the check-in time and only one of the four rooms was ready. So, all bags went to one room so we could begin our excursions. There are cabs at this hotel but you pretty much have to walk down and get them yourself. We were not impressed by the bell staff. One in our group is a HH gold member and that may have been why she had vouchers for the breakfast buffet at the cafe. It was very good but I'm not sure it's "Vegas" good and worth $18 for the buffet if you don't have vouchers. A couple in our group got sandwiches next door at the snack shop one evening and were very unhappy with the quality of food there. I will say the bed was very comfortable and the view of the city was great. The chocolate chip cookies were a bonus for the inconvenience of our rooms not being ready.

Room Tip: Request a double room with a view of the city!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Thank you for the review. While I am happy you had some positive experiences in the hotel, i am sorry that you were not totally satisfied. My apologies that the rooms were not ready upon check in. We make every effort to have the rooms ready by our 3pm check in time. There are sometimes that due to a late check out by a previous guest or some preventative maintenance work being done in the room that a room may not be ready by 3pm. However, it is very unusual to have 3 rooms for one guest not ready. Without knowing the specifics, I would guess there was a group that departed later than expected which caused the delay. Whatever the reason, I am sorry this occurred.

You should not have to walk down to get your own cab. We do have a bell stand in the lobby which can get one or call one if one is not available. I am sorry the bellman did not assist you. Typically they are very helpful and we receive very nice comments on the bell staff. This was not the case with you and I am sorry for that. We will show them this comment and follow up with them to remind them that every guest needs to be offered assistance.

Yes, HHonors Gold & Diamond members do have the option for a complimentary breakfast as their amenity. Aside from the buffet there is other options available on our menu so if the buffet is not for you, please try these other items. I do hope the other couple voiced their displeasure with the sandwich as we will work hard to make sure all guest leave happy. While I love reading these reviews, I often wish many of the challenges experienced were shared with us while the guest is still on property so we can try to make it right.

I am so glad to read you enjoyed your bed & of course the cookie. I do hope you will return as I am confident we can do better than just ok. We will work hard to exceed all expectations.

Happy travels --