3,202 results
All reviews double tree north tower revolving restaurant skydome restaurant crystal city warm cookies lobby bar pentagon mall whole foods self parking breakfast buffet free shuttle washington dc metro station shuttle service reagan airport fitness center
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The DoubleTree in Crystal City was a wonderful experience. The suite (so my daughter wouldn't have to hear my snoring : ) was ultra-well appointed with really nice art, looked like it had just been remodeled, was spotless when we arrived and refreshed just as spotless each time, we had fresh chocolate chip cookies to greet us, and you could tell the housekeeping staff was professionally trained; they seemed more courteous than most hotels, perhaps because they seem to get a lot of Pentagon folks and diplomats, being just across the freeway from the Pentagon, and just across the Potomac River from the Capitol area of DC. There is also a big Mall with a Macy's, etcAnyway, I would give them all five gold stars, and we will be going back on our next trip to the area. : )

Room Tip: There's a side that you can see jets in their steep takeoff mode, and a side that you can see Washington from, including the Monument, Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Capitol, etc. And don't miss the SkyDome on top... it's a revolving restaurant/bar with a jaw-dropping view of DC at night with all the lights.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read you enjoyed one of our newly renovated suites. The feedback on these has been fantastic and I am glad to see you too had a positive experience. The housekeeping staff does work hard on not only cleaning each room/suite to exceed expectations, but also to smile/ welcome each guest they come in contact with. Thank you for noticing!

Once again, thank you for your review and positive recommendation. We look forward to your return. As always I invite anyone to contact me anytime.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

My Daughter and I stayed at your hotel for 5 days May 12 to May 16 We were there for the National Police Memorial Services Honoring the Fallen law Officers, of which my son is one.
Your hotel was a blessing to us, such a comfortable haven after days and sometimes evening of stressful activities.
We felt at home when we opened our hotel room door. what a blessing not to find the mess we left. Our room was always spotless.
Very comfortable sleeping and the feather comforter between two sheets was an added touch I only experienced once before in Switzerland.
I can find no fault with the room , The public rooms the shuttle service or any thing else in your hotel. If I would change anything it would be the toilet tissue. it was not soft double ply. But your warm cookies at the service desk made up for it.
It was a delight to stay at the Double Tree. And I recommend it to any one needing a place to lay their head.
See you next year, GOD willing.

Room Tip: call Double Tree of Hilton Crystal city
1  Thank Dalia L

Thank you for your review. First, I'd like to let you know I am sorry for the loss of your son; he is a true hero! I am so glad to read we were able to make a stressful visit a little better. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team. We host the COPS group each year and recognize the reason for the attendees to be coming in. We really try to make the hotel stay as positive as possible, as we do for all guests.

I will pass your suggestion on the change of toilet paper to the Director of Housekeeping. Thank you again for the review and for the recommendation. I do hope you will return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my response to contact me anytime.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed here for one night while moving our daughter to DC for the summer. Upon checking in we were given our room keys & upon entering the room quickly realized that we were in someone else's room. Luckily they were not there but there luggage, belongings, etc. were. Went back down to the desk & they were completely dumbfounded on how they put us in a room that was already occupied. As compensation they waived our $23.00 parking fee. The room itself was great & clean & the bed was awesome. My only complaint with the room was the large water spots on the ceiling. You would have thought that they would have done something to get rid of this.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you for the review. I am glad you were able to have a positive experience despite the check in challenge. Being checked into an occupied room is unacceptable and something we take very seriously. While this mistake does happen in all hotels, thankfully it is extremely rare. My apologies to you and your family that this happened.

It is nice to read that you enjoyed your room and I am sorry for the water spots on the ceiling. Without knowing the specifics, I can nto comment on why there were not fixed prior to your arrival. However, that is something we work hard at to ensure any fixable challenges are repaired prior to the guest arrival. I do hope you will contact me directly so I can identify the room you were in to be sure the spots have been removed.

Thank you again for the review and I do hope you will return soon. I do invite anyone reading my response to contact me anytime.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I'll preface my review by saying that I am a Hilton Silver Honors Member (receiving free Internet), stayed only one evening, and did not use any of the hotel's facilities. I was in on a Friday night and found Sheila, who checked me in, extremely pleasant to deal with and engaging. She certainly set a great tone for the rest of my evening. As a frequent traveler who happens to be blind, you can well imagine that I have experienced differing levels of customer service, depending on the comfort level of the folks I interact with. All of the staff at this hotel were totally on point, again, especially Sheila, without overdoing it, or seeming patronizing.
My room was a perfect size for me (while I traveled alone, I requested a room with two beds to get a bigger sized room).

The only comment I will make is that the lobby bar seemed to close early for a Friday night. If memory serves, it was around midnight. I was recommended to head upstairs to the club, however it was too loud, and there was a cover charge.

On my next trip to the area, I'd certainly consider coming back, if the rate is right.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for the review. I am glad you mentioned that you are a Silver member and took advantage of the complimentary Internet. That gives me a great opportunity to point out that this is not offered at many hotels. The Hilton HHonors program offers complimentary Internet to Gold & Diamond members. As a way to show our appreciation for Blue & Silver members, we offer one night complimentary Internet to these important HHonors members.

I am so glad to read you had a positive check in experience with Sheila. She works hard to make sure our guests are happy so it is nice that you recognized her. I will be sure to share your comments with Sheila and her co-workers.

Your comment on the Lobby Bar closing too early will be passed to the Director of Food & Beverage. The published closing time is midnight, but if there is a large crowd it does stay open later. Thank you for the suggestion of keeping it open later. We take guest comments very seriously and use them to improve.

Thank you again for the review and I do hope you return soon. I am glad the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City is on your short-list of hotels and hope we become your choice hotel when you travel into the area. As always I invite anyone to contact me anytime.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were in a renovated part of the hotel, and found the room very nice and comfortable. Our room was cleaned and serviced by the delightful Ofilia, who was one of the best parts of our stay. Very considerate and nice, and anticipated our needs (like extra coffee) in advance. We did find that the charges were excessive for things that are routine in less expensive Hilton properties. For example, $11.95 per day for wireless access (free in most other hotels); $23 per day for parking; and room service coffee was $18. Just too much extra charges for a hotel that was over $250 a night just for the room.

We understand that DC is expensive, but there are lower priced options that don't charge for internet and have free coffee. While this is a nice property, we won't stay here again when we return to DC.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. It is so nice to read you enjoyed your renovated room. The feedback on the renovations has been so positive and I am glad you got to experience a renovated room. It is rare that people take the time to mention the housekeeper, so thank you for doing that. We will most definitely share this comment with Ofilia and the entire team.

The internet charge is not something that is set at the hotel. Hilton Worldwide has made the decision to charge for the internet at all full service hotels (Embassy Suites, Hilton, & Doubletree). This is the same decision made at all other major hotel chains (Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt, etc) as they too charge for the internet in their full service hotels.

I can understand why if you travel in from an area that does not charge for parking the $23 charge can seem excessive. However, if you compare it to other area hotels you will find the charge to be on the lower end of what is charged to park at hotels. Also please keep in mind that it is far lower then hotels found inside Washington DC as some hotels charge $45 or more to park. As with most hotels, if not all hotels, room service tends to be more expensive than if you go to pick up the item yourself. We have Starbucks coffee available all day in our brand new Cafe Go. Please feel free to pick up a cup or two and avoid the fees associated with room service. Also, please note that coffee is offered complimentary in all of our rooms as there is coffee packets & a coffee maker.

I am sorry you made the decision not to return and hope you will reconsider when you compare our costs with those at similar hotels. Thank you again for the review and as always, I invite anyone reading my response to contact me anytime.