My family and I recently stayed at this hotel for one night. After a family member was bitten and blood specks were found on the sheets, we immediately contacted the hotel. The hotel seemed to know exactly where to look, and when they did, bed bugs were found. The staff expressed concern and told us renovations would be taking place next year.
The hotel staff/management reimbursed us for our stay but of course we are concerned about this problem for others. I have learned that these bugs may travel room to room, especially after extermination. We are loyal Hilton customers and would not have expected this. We are very disappointed as we enjoyed the hotel offerings. The room was somewhat worn and one of the chairs in the room had a broken arm and no support at the seat.
The fitness center was first rate and the breakfast staff delivered top notch service.
Of course we are still concerned about the bed bug issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel minutes from Ronald Reagan National Airport and located across the Potomac from Washington D.C. just two blocks from the Pentagon and Fashion Centre Shopping Mall. Houses the areas only revolving rooftop restaurant and lounge featuring views of the DC skyline. Amenities include luxurious guest rooms and suites with high speed internet access, fitness center, indoor heated pool, lobby bar, cafe, and fine dining restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton - Washington Dc - Crystal City Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Crystal City National Airport
- Doubletree Hotel Crystal City