1,171 results
All reviewsballston metrothe executive loungeorange lineballston areaclub roomexcellent locationmetro stopconvenient locationshopping mallfront desk staffper daydefinitely stay here againbusiness triprestaurants within walking distanceroom was clean and comfortableself parkingcoffee maker
Reviewed February 23, 2013

VERY convenient to the everything since it sits above Ballston-MU station! The rooms and hallways are quiet and I love that the airconditioner fan will stay on all the time - white noise for sleeping. I was here for a conference and they met my need for vegan food options for our conference meals. I very much appreciate that. We had a bad experience with a cab. The valet guy got us a "taxi" but it turned out to be a "preferred" private car that charged a flat rate of $20 to take us to a place that cost $14.50 to ride back in a cab. This private car/flat rate thing was NOT described to us. We had asked for a cab. I was very unhappy and made that clear when we got back. That was absolutely ridiculous.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed there for a week during January on business. It was a nice stay, rooms were clean, the hotel was quiet and the people there were very friendly.

I would stay there again. I would recommend it to anyone.

Location for the meeting was good, close to offices, resturants, transportation and the airport.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed her for 4 days/3 nights while on business in Febuary 2012. The Metro from Reagan National Airport to the Ballston MU stop was quick and easy to navigate. As pictured on the Hilton's website, the Ballston Metro stop is literally outside the doors of the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel, the restaurant and the executive floor to business travellers. Our bedroom was well appointed and comfortable, plus very spacious. We detected no outside traffic noise which was great for a change. My only complaint is that the windows had faux room-darkening drapes. I could only close the shears, not the heavy lined drapes, so 24/7 lights from the office highrise across the street shined in our window all night. For light sleepers, it is not an ideal situation.

Room Tip: As for the executive floor and you'll have access to the Executive Lounge for a quick breakfast and coffee in the mornings, and light snacks and beverages in the evening. Be aware that the beer and wines is only FREE on Tuesday night; otherwise, there is a charge per beverage. I found this odd and not in line with other large chain hotel's executive offerings.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013

These are average hotel rooms at top dollar. Parking at $17.00 a day is very pricey.
Room was very quiet. Fitness tread mills are up against the wall. Very confining. Forget the restaurant. No one eats there or should. The executive lounge has a satisfactory breakfast but is tucked away at the back of the restaurant and is not very appealing.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2013

There just isn't much that is special about this hotel although there are some definite conveniences (location near to the Metro, not far from Reagan Airport). My room on the 7th floor was quite large which I liked and they feature nice toiletries in the bath. I'm just grateful to find a shower cap when I travel and there was one here. The housekeeper must have rushed out in the midst of cleaning because there were some towels left by the sink and empty soap boxes. The room comes with a mini-coffee maker but you will not find a mini-bar. There is a big screen TV but it is positioned so that you cannot easily watch it from the bed nor the seating. There aren't enough outlets in the room for all the recharging I need to do for my cellphone, ipad etc. At the work meeting I attended, they were able to accommodate many diets for the attendees with healthy options which was a definite plus.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business