“My stay at the Holiday Inn at Ballston, Arlington, VA” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston

Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Belize City, Belize
“My stay at the Holiday Inn at Ballston, Arlington, VA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel from April 30 to May 5, 2012.

The staff at the front desk greeted me warmly and were extremely helpful, very kind and courteous. Check-in was a breeze. The hotel lobby was very clean. We took the elevator up to our room which was also very clean. After reading previous reviews about the wake-up call, I was a bit weary but I have to say that the wake-up service was excellent. This hotel offered free shuttle service within a mile radius of the hotel. This was enough coverage as a mall, grocery store and the metro was all within the mile radius. The driver of hotel shuttle was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to assist.

This hotel is within walking distance of some great hang out spots, and nice restaurants. The restaurant at the hotel was also very nice. The wait staff were extremely helpful and after the second day, the waiter was able to know what I wanted from what I didn't. It's just that little extra touch that makes you feel special.

The hotel has a gym which I did not take advantage of since I was doing a lot of shopping.

The manager of the hotel, John was cheerful, helpful, will go out of his way to make your stay enjoyable. Even though he was the manager and very busy, he was still able to add that personal touch to our stay. Overall warm and friendy staff.

After this wonderful experience I would definitely look to book at this hotel again. It was just perfect!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
1 Thank Anna M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Bristol, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

I have to commend all of the staff members at the Holiday Inn at Ballston. Whether it was the valet, the front desk staff, the waitresses, or other staff within the building, each was courteous and cordial, and each appeared to be truly interested in helping me enjoy my stay. Each year I travel to Arlington over the Mother's Day weekend; therefore, I have stayed here for the past four years. This year was different than years past. While I had good service previously, this was exceptional. They have done some renovations, including the restaurant and the rooms. I had a great night's sleep. The only criticism that I had was that the breakfast buffet has been scaled down. Gone are the waffles, and there were limited choices. Some of the fruit was canned not fresh, as in the past. That had always been a Saturday treat was the buffet. All in all, I had a wonderful stay, and plan to return again. Thank you staff members for making my visit even more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Higher floors provide a wonderful view of the city.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

The restaurant and lounge have been remodeled since my last visit, and I was exceptionally pleased with the menu and quality of the food. I ate the majority of my evening meals there and was not disappointed by any of my selections. The wine list is good, as well.

Martha and Luis are true professionals and provided excellent service during my visit. I met them a number of years ago when I stayed at the property regularly and they did not disappoint during this most recent visit. It was like seeing old friends again!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Every year in May, I stay for four nights and five days to attend a conference. I have been doing this for the last three years. I just felt it appropriate to thank Jay, one of the hotel's shuttle driver, for his excellent service to me and my friend during our stay (May 2 through 5, 2012) and the hotel management for hiring people like him and all the services we enjoyed during our stay, which were excellent. I was also impressed by one of the receptionists who remebered my face from last year and made me feel at home. She is courteous, engaging and smiling. I apologize for not remembering her name. She has (Asian, may be Filipino features, if that helps). I knew Jay since my first conference at the Holiday Inn in 2010, when he took me to the ER of a nearby hospital and treated me as he would treat his brother. He is superbly professional, sensitive to his guests' needs, and extremely helpful. I met him for the second time during my stay in the hotel this year in May. He took my friend and myself to a breakfast place of our choice which we appreciated very much. I always remember his bright sunshine face whenever I think of staying at the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: I was on the north side (facing fairfax drive at any case) didn't notice any noise coming from t...
richmondva
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

The location is in Ballston; an area of Arlington which built itself up, literally, into office buildings and condos. Parking is $12 and valet because they are rebuilding the parking lot. I was not charged for using the valet so parking remained at $12/night. Then I received a voucher from the front desk giving me various discounts to pick from including free parking. Sweet! Getting to the hotel is tricky if you are coming from the streets of Arlington. It is right at the entrance of the off/on ramps to I-66. If you miss the turn, you're heading on the highway.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank costhull
US Transplants
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I was here for training and the hotel was a block from my classes. Nice hotel, located near a shopping mall and many restaraunts. Parking was a little bit of a hassle as it was valet parking (and kind of expensive for the location). I needed my car early one day for a meeting (6:30 am) and hadn't thought to tell them in advance, so it took about 15 minutes to get the car. There was a bunch on of construction so I think that they were parking the cars somewhere else. Just a couple of blocks from the metro station so it is easy to get downtown and to georgetown. Courtesy shuttle will take you to the metro or around in the close local area. Internet worked great first 4 days of a ten day stay, but then had a lot of trouble with it and it was down for most of 2 days. Not good for someone who needs to work at the hotel after the training class. But all in all a good hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank expatmonkey
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed one night to visit family explore a little. My husband and I both argeed that this is a great place to stay and we intend to return. We took a trip to Mount Vernon with my nieces and had a great time. The staff at the hotel were wonderful and very helpful. I asked if we could check in early and they were very accomadating. The room was clean, the area very nice. I would give this a 5 star review.

Room Tip: Check the prices up until you arrive. They may vary. Also we chose the bed and breakfast option...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple