Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
Highlander Motel(Arlington)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskballston metro stationmile radiusrooms are cleanthe shuttle driverorange linerestaurants in the areawithin walking distancebusiness tripdc areabreakfast buffetper nightblock walkthe hotel offerscoffee makersadeparking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I have to commend all of the staff members at the Holiday Inn at Ballston. Whether it was the valet, the front desk staff, the waitresses, or other staff within the building, each was courteous and cordial, and each appeared to be truly interested in helping me enjoy my stay. Each year I travel to Arlington over the Mother's Day weekend; therefore, I have stayed here for the past four years. This year was different than years past. While I had good service previously, this was exceptional. They have done some renovations, including the restaurant and the rooms. I had a great night's sleep. The only criticism that I had was that the breakfast buffet has been scaled down. Gone are the waffles, and there were limited choices. Some of the fruit was canned not fresh, as in the past. That had always been a Saturday treat was the buffet. All in all, I had a wonderful stay, and plan to return again. Thank you staff members for making my visit even more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Higher floors provide a wonderful view of the city.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The restaurant and lounge have been remodeled since my last visit, and I was exceptionally pleased with the menu and quality of the food. I ate the majority of my evening meals there and was not disappointed by any of my selections. The wine list is good, as well.

Martha and Luis are true professionals and provided excellent service during my visit. I met them a number of years ago when I stayed at the property regularly and they did not disappoint during this most recent visit. It was like seeing old friends again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Every year in May, I stay for four nights and five days to attend a conference. I have been doing this for the last three years. I just felt it appropriate to thank Jay, one of the hotel's shuttle driver, for his excellent service to me and my friend during our stay (May 2 through 5, 2012) and the hotel management for hiring people like him and all the services we enjoyed during our stay, which were excellent. I was also impressed by one of the receptionists who remebered my face from last year and made me feel at home. She is courteous, engaging and smiling. I apologize for not remembering her name. She has (Asian, may be Filipino features, if that helps). I knew Jay since my first conference at the Holiday Inn in 2010, when he took me to the ER of a nearby hospital and treated me as he would treat his brother. He is superbly professional, sensitive to his guests' needs, and extremely helpful. I met him for the second time during my stay in the hotel this year in May. He took my friend and myself to a breakfast place of our choice which we appreciated very much. I always remember his bright sunshine face whenever I think of staying at the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: I was on the north side (facing fairfax drive at any case) didn't notice any noise coming from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The location is in Ballston; an area of Arlington which built itself up, literally, into office buildings and condos. Parking is $12 and valet because they are rebuilding the parking lot. I was not charged for using the valet so parking remained at $12/night. Then I received a voucher from the front desk giving me various discounts to pick from including free parking. Sweet! Getting to the hotel is tricky if you are coming from the streets of Arlington. It is right at the entrance of the off/on ramps to I-66. If you miss the turn, you're heading on the highway.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank costhull
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I was here for training and the hotel was a block from my classes. Nice hotel, located near a shopping mall and many restaraunts. Parking was a little bit of a hassle as it was valet parking (and kind of expensive for the location). I needed my car early one day for a meeting (6:30 am) and hadn't thought to tell them in advance, so it took about 15 minutes to get the car. There was a bunch on of construction so I think that they were parking the cars somewhere else. Just a couple of blocks from the metro station so it is easy to get downtown and to georgetown. Courtesy shuttle will take you to the metro or around in the close local area. Internet worked great first 4 days of a ten day stay, but then had a lot of trouble with it and it was down for most of 2 days. Not good for someone who needs to work at the hotel after the training class. But all in all a good hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business