“Always a favorite!”

Mario's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 100 Restaurants in Ashland
Reviewed February 11, 2017

The subs, the pizza, the pasta! I have never had a bad dish here! I will keep coming back! The staff are amazing and accommodating.

Reviewed June 15, 2016

Their pizza is very basic but quite tasty. There isn't anything that is out of the ordinary but simple ingredients make their pizza better than average. Their sauce is a bit sweeter, which makes it good. Lots of cheese with flavor. Their feta is a favorite of my daughter's. On the greasier side but there is more flavor. The owners are also great people- always friendly and quick with small talk.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stopped in late at night for a quick bite to eat and we all enjoyed the local flavor and treatment. This is no corporate operation here - just a nice, small, and very personal experience.

My major complaint was that the mixture for the soft drinks was way off base. And to me nothing can ruin a good meal more than sipping something that is supposed to be a Coke and who knows what it was.

Service was good, pizza was greasy, and we left with our bellies full. Prices were slightly on the high side but not really bad at all - just not a great deal. I may try it again if I am in the area but then again there are a few other shops just around the corner that are similar so I most likely will try them.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

One of our favorite neighborhood restaurants was closed for vacation, so we decided to go to Mario’s Italian Restaurant around the corner. The Italian decor featured pictures and wall hangings from the old country. It has an open, casual, family-friendly atmosphere. The seating consists of an area for celebrating a special occasion with a large group and an area for individual diners. The menu boasts a large variety of Italian dishes and encompasses appetizers, salads, entrees, pizzas, subs, wraps, dessert, and more. We dined on spaghetti with meat sauce (very tasty), a pizza steak sub (yummy!) with fries, coffee and water. The wait staff was friendly – service good – and ample portions of food for the cost.

1  Thank Cuz39