“Very basic, clean, good value”

GuestHouse Aberdeen Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 25 December 2011

My overall rating of 4 is because this was a $58.50 rate, so this is not a 4-star hotel, but a level 4 rating based upon its class. It is very basic. The online reviews were helpful to set expectations. I found the young man working at the front desk to be not outgoing, but extremely responsive, honest, and quick to accommodate my few reasonable requests. Aberdeen is not exactly the most uplifting of places, but this motel met my basic needs. The worst thing I can say is the mattress was extremely hard, with springs being felt thru the thinnest of padded layers, but I am also very picky about mattresses. Nonetheless, I slept well. Per comments about noise, I am a lite sleeper, and this is on a very busy artery, but I never heard traffic noise in the room, mostly muffled by the window heating unit. I slept very well. The bathroom is out of date (expected), very basic, but very clean. Bedding was clean. Per other comments about safety: I never felt unsafe. My stay was on the darkest, dreariest winter day, and vacancy was high, but vehicles appeared to be mostly prosperous-looking fishermen or loggers (big trucks), and a few others. I felt completely safe.

Room Tip: Rooms farthest away from street may be quieter
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
9  Thank LiteSleepr

Reviewed 9 August 2011

This place was convenient to everything as I expected.
Clean & quite rooms, nice continental breakfast, and the staff was always helpfull.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
17  Thank William C
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We stayed at this place & we really liked it.
employee was very nice, cozy & clean rooms, and decent breakfast(i was surprised when i saw waffle maker!)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
19  Thank kpgsailor0223
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We stayed in a room with kitchinette, was very spacious and clean,we detected some smoker scent,probably from older times... . It lacked some kitchen utensils but was not bad.
No coffee pot in room an less you ask for it...!The breakfast was very good, above our expectations,I would not call it "continental" The employees were very helpful

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
15  Thank tmeinig
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I was VERY dubious at check in as a female traveling alone. I was right to be dubious! I asked about a ground floor room near the office and was told the only one available was upstairs tucked in a corner (where I later discovered that the outside light was not working) the parking lot was full of logging trucks and I was approached en route to my assigned room. A man later knocked on my door 2 times. The room was not very clean and VERY outdated. I returned my keys within the hour and vacated the hotel. As I pulled out of the parking lot, I again saw the same man approaching the door to the room I had been in. I was later told by our server at a local restaurant that this is a known "drug hotel". DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank snara
Reviewed 26 September 2010

My husband and I drove up the OR/WA coast and decided to find a place to stay along the way. When darkness hit and we were headed to Aberdeen, I checked hotels and found that our sleeping options were limited to motels in the area and a few B&Bs which were priced much higher. I have nothing against motels as long as they are clean and 'not sketchy', so we read a few TA reviews and decided to give the Olympic Inn a shot as we were planning to arrive, sleep, and leave.

I was pleasantly surprised. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. I loved the waffle maker in the breakfast room the next morning. If you are in the area or passing through and looking for a place to stay, we'd recommend. It's not the Sheraton, but it isn't portraying itself to be one. Comfortable, clean and convenient. We didn't have any issues with traffic noise, though it was a random Tuesday night.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
17  Thank Alybyzrp
Reviewed 13 May 2010

Since I was traveing alone, I searched for inexpensive but clean accomodatins. This motel is a 60's era tourist court, but it has been upgraded and modernized recently. The room was quite large, the bed was reasonably comfortable, there was a couch and chair and all appeared very clean. The contenential breakfast was adequate, the TV worked well and the Wifi was free.

The front desk people (I think they are family members) were personable.

For $55.00 + tax it was just fine.

Just don't confuse it with a Grand Hyatt.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
14  Thank Spokaneman1949
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
1.2 km away
26.5 km away
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
#8 of 14 in Ocean Shores

Been to GuestHouse Aberdeen Inn? Share your experiences!