See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 15, 2016

Wonderful atmosphere created by the owners of the guest house. We could even hear his playing on some instrument! The room was very tidy but extremly small. But the lack of the space is something typlical for Japan. The building is just 3 minutes by walk to the ocean. The price is very reasonable.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dominika_Rapacz
Reviewed December 11, 2015

I really enjoyed my time at this guesthouse. It was very small, but had such a lovely feel. Homely, safe, relaxing, chilled. Just what was needed after being in the hectic city.

This guesthouse is very small, the room we had, had a bunk bed in it and with bunk bed there was really no room at all. To the extent that one person would have to get ready and then either sit on their bed or sit in the communal area to give the other person space to move around (such as getting into backpack/getting dressed can only be done one at a time). Sounds extreme, but it really wasn't a big deal as it was such a lovely place we enjoyed sitting in the communal area and hanging out with the locals/staff.

The location is one road away from the beach so about a 2 minute walk if that. It is round the corner from the local station which is hase station and is only 3 stops away from the city centre of Kamakura. (So just make note that this hotel is not located near Kamakura train station, but is just three stops away).

Wifi worked fine. Can rent bikes as well, which is ideal for cycling alongside the beach and exploring the area.

Overall had a great time here and would definitely return.

Dates visited: 16-18 Nov 2015

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2015

My friends and I stayed here for two nights, the hostel is clean and the staff are very friendly. The bar was good and relatively cheap. That's where the positives end.

The negatives: there is only one bathroom for men and two showers for the entire hostel. The quality of sleep was atrocious because the bunk beds were old and as a result had a big dip in the middle which made sleeping very uncomfortable. The blinds were useless so as soon as the sun came up the room was totally bright and woke us up. The walls are paper thin so you can hear people in the other rooms and walking up and down stairs etc. For me the whole point of a hostel is to sleep. I got very little here for the two nights. I wouldn't recommend staying here.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2015 via mobile

Very disappointed staff's attitudes.
Very route, no heart, no flexible at all.

Dinner was horrible. We paid lots of money but provided very limited wired foods.

But they pretended friendly to foreign customers.

Anyway I will never go there.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sona78
Reviewed September 16, 2015 via mobile

the shared area was comfortable and the beds too, the staff was amazing, they were so fun, we played cards and talk about a lot of things, the only that I dont liked, its we didn't have access to the kitchen, and that was a little uncomfortable but all the other was Ok!!

Date of stay: August 2015