All reviews around the corner train station towels temple hostel japan
Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Sure Sacra is artsy and all that but sharing two sinks and a shower room encumbered with a washer-dryer? Site mentions refrigerator (dorm room size) but that's also shared and was...broken the day we stayed. I'll admit the place is conveniently located and quaint, but forget about comfort in your tiny room. Looks good going in but going in is the problem. Or squeezing in, rather. Hey, at least it's an interestingly decorated shelter at a decent price, but that's about it. Look, the photos I include reflect Sacra's quaint nature so it might be good for you, but not for me. Also I point out I'm a long term resident of Japan. For newbies, the quaintness factor MIGHT override the miniature nature of the place. (Just not for me!)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2017

Place is very conspicuous in Kamakura. It is within walking distance to the Kamakura station. I stayed in "tigers" room which is really small but if you are a "backpacker" you won't have a problem. Bathroom and shower are shared with other customers. They have free coffee, tea and cookies for customers.There is a microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, washer machine and dryer that the customers can use. It is really noisy so if you are a light sleeper it will bother you ( in my case it was not a problem)

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2016

It's difficult to be very positive about this place but for the friendly staff and owner. His idea is that we live like Japanese people, which means I bumped my (bald) head three times. The first night we had a small room, apparently Japanese sized (4,5 tatami mats) and I had not counted on shared bathrooms (my partner is to blame of course). When we asked (not complained) for a bigger room, he upgrade us to his new place, called Junxtion 13, and personally delivered us there in a cab. There we had a semi-apartment with little kitchenette, double bunk beds and couch that could be converted to a double bed. As there was no-one else, the bathroom was ours too. So very good for service, but the smaller rooms are really overpriced (or too small if you have a BMI over 22).

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

We stayed for one night. Our room was so small the three of us could barely fit. I had to sleep in a futton bed so hard that I couldn't find any position that wouldn't hurt my bones. Cold wind came from the window where the bed was, making it very unpleasant.

The floor was dirty. The shared bathroom was very tiny and dirty....

It was noisy all night. Definitely a bad youth hostel with the price of a hotel. Stay away.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2016 via mobile

If the noise of the trains and associated announcements don't keep you awake, the staff and other guests chatting noisily outside your room will. This is a lovely establishment, and generally staff were fantastic, but when you have to get up at 5am to catch your train, and you advise the staff member accordingly, the last thing you need is loud banter outside your room.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple