New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Algoma
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“The great UNWIND”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at this motel after a few days with the Grandkids "phew!" We needed it and this was the perfect place. Its on beautiful lake Michigan with a wonderful big beach. Plenty of fire pits with with comfortable chairs to unwind in...and the view breathtaking! We are average joes so the room was a little pricey for the quality of the room, but the sounds and view of the lake make up for it. Staff was very friendly. Town was small but nice to bum around in. Very Romantic and chillaxable!!! We'll definitely be back. Also a cute 9 hole golf course in Alaska not too far away.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the south end have a stairway right out to the lake. But this was the first time here a...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rustedmoon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

Our family has been coming here for years. The rooms open out onto the beach for beautiful sunrises. Firepits and Adirondeck chairs are scattered on the large beach for relaxing. It's a great place away from the hustle & bustle of Door County, but still an easy drive to get there.
There are a few rooms with kitchenettes, so you really don't need to leave the premises.
For a peaceful, relaxing time this place can not be beat!!

Room Tip: only take a beachside room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mharti
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

our room overlooked the beach, it was so nice to leave the windows open and hear the waves. the room itself was average motel quality, comfortable beds, thin towels, small refrigerator, OJ, coffee and packaged sweet rolls in the morning. we needed to be in the Algoma/Kewaunee area, for several days, so this worked very well for us. However being able to go out and walk on the beach directly every morning was just lovely. Sandy beach, just a few alewives (you have to know this is Lake Michigan, and small dead fish wash up on shore some), they supply materials for camp fires...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
viroqua
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

After a lovely busisness trip to the Algoma area in August, I was looking forward to my September trip. I checked in on the first night of a week long business trip. I brought most of my food for the week with me to save money and time. I only stay where I have a refrigerator and microwave available. I put my food in the frig and went to sleep. I woke up in the morning to find the food frozen. Frozen boiled egg for breakfast? Frozen or thawed salad for lunch? When I told the desk clerk (desk staffed in a.m. only while I was there), she was sympathetic and said she'd check with the manager what she could refund me. The next morning the manager told me the owner told her there was nothing that could be done. She could not give me a number for the owner so that I could speak to him directly. She invited me to write a letter to the motel addressed Owner (I did not do this). I was very disappointed my wasted food, time and money was "nothing."

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Algoma hotels

Auxvasse
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

We recently traveled to Wisconsin for the first time. We were seeking a personal, cozy, quiet place where we could just relax. The Algoma Beach Motel was perfect! There was always ample parking space, rooms were clean, halls were quiet, the view of Lake Michigan from our balcony was AMAZING! We were able to go out onto the beach at anytime and get a chair to sit in and enjoy the view. Everything you need for a quiet family vacation can be found in the charming little town of Algoma. When we wanted to explore we headed to nearby Door County to tour the lighthouses, museums, and shops. Our family would definitely recommend this motel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

We booked this motel before researching online. We showed up and walked into the room to be hit with an unbearable smell. The walls were dirty and the lamp shades were growing mold. The bathroom was stained and dirty. The balconies were connected with all of the other rooms so there was no privacy. I could not breath the smell was so bad. We ended up not staying in the room. Do NOT stay here, it should be condemned....

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Algonquin,Il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

For the past 3 years we meet here with family and friends. Great times for all. The rooms are old and dated but clean. We usually rent the condo and the kitchenettes. Bring your grill...kayak's and hang out all day! We walk the beach and enjoy the friendly people in town. Love the winery .....
This year we had 30 people meeting there....Great place to make memories!!!

Friendly staff...

• Stayed September 2008
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Algoma
28.3 km away
1.4 km away
Harbor Inn Motel
Harbor Inn Motel
#5 of 5 in Algoma

Been to Algoma Beach Motel? Share your experiences!