US$62
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

Ryokan
Ishiba Ryokan(Hirosaki)
US$88
US$68
US$60
US$70
  • Restaurant
Business Hotel Shinjuku(Hirosaki)(Great Value!)
US$89
  • Bar/Lounge
Ryokan
Rakuten Travel
Agri In Holiday(Hirosaki)
Priceline
All reviewsjapanese standardsone nightricescallopsjrappledistancestationcastlecompactbusyen
Reviewed August 18, 2017

Great location right by the station with very comfortable and clean rooms. Good value as well. The breakfast was also quite good as hotel breakfasts go. I would happily stay again, but perhaps ask for a room with a castle view as the other side gets some noise from the JR tracks.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
arthotelhirosakicity, 支配人 at Art Hotel Hirosaki City, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

I am very pleased that you were satisfied with the hotel.
The twin room is located on the castle side.
Please specify when next time use.
Thank you.

General manager

Reviewed May 27, 2017

I was in Hirosaki during the peak of sakura blooming week and japanese golden week - something not to miss -Hirosaki castle is just gorgeous during sakura. Hotels are heavily booked and prices rise up. Art hotel Hirosaki is expensive during the golden week but the rooms are good and of a fairly decent size. It is a pity there is no onsen in the hotel. Very easy to locate next to Hirosaki station. 20 mn walk from Hirosaki castle, 10 mn by bus or taxi

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

I am very happy that you enjoyed Hirosaki Castle with the most wonderful cherry blossom season.
Hirosaki's cherry tree is Japan's best.
Therefore, the price of the hotel is expensive.
But I think that there is sufficient value.
In the summer there is a Neputa Festival.
Please come back to Hirosaki again.
Thank you very much.

General manager

Reviewed May 16, 2017

The Art Hotel is right next to Hirosaki station, but quite a distance from the castle and most attractions. However, the 100 yen circular tourist route bus stops just outside, as do the ordinary buses to the old town. Our room was compact but well designed so we found it comfortable, as well as clean. A highlight was the generous breakfast buffet included in our rate. Staff service was efficient and helpful. Overall a good choice.

Room Tip: Our 8th floor room had great city views.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
arthotelhirosakicity, 支配人 at Art Hotel Hirosaki City, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2017

I am very glad that you liked breakfast and could spend comfortably.
As you say, the hotel is next to the station, but the castle is far away. But transportation is abundant, 100 yen bus is really economical and convenient.
When you come back to Hirosaki again, please stay at our hotel.
All of the staff welcome you.

Reviewed February 19, 2017

I returned again in 2016 following a staying in 2013. Then it was a Best Western, it became Hotel Naque City when we booked it this time but by the time arrived it was Art Hotel. As before the breakfasts are very good offering both western and Japanese food.

The hotel is used by local tour groups so you either have to be up early and get to the front of the queue before it opens so you can get the table you want or come in later once the rush is off and the tour groups are on the bus. Obviously that pushes your day back.

The room was pretty hot so we slept with the window wedged open. Views were very good to the volcano (Mount Iwaki). Last time we stayed it was covered in snow and made a good view from the hotel room. This time we drove up it and took the chair lift and did a bit of hiking. There is a beech park close bye (west) (Shirakami) that you can drive to for hiking although part of the walk to the waterfall is currently off. Locally you have Hirosaki castle.

Internet provided in the room via wifi and ethernet. Modern clean hotel. Car parking at the back, supervised by an attendant, pay in the hotel

Room Tip: Ideally a high room with a view to Mount Iwaki.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
arthotelhirosakicity, 支配人 at Art Hotel Hirosaki City, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2017

We are glad that you came to our hotel again since 2013.
And we thank for your having appreciated our hotel very much.
The name of the hotel changed, but we make an effort from now on to offer service comfortable more than before.
Thank you.

Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

This is my second time to visit Hirosaki. Last time is the high season for Sakura viewing, I can only get a very poor hotel at very high rate. In that visit, I think ART hotel (named as Hotel Naqua City at that time) looks decent with good location.

This time, I changed my itinerary at the very last minute to stay a night at Hirosaki. I can only book the smallest twin room. Despite of that, from the outlook of the hotel, I think it should at least be well layout. To my disappointment, the room is so small that you can't place your suit case inside the robe ward.

There is no in room safe. For such a big hotel, the check in counter is small.

I believe this was built intended to be a decent hotel. May be the demand at Hirosaki is so low, they could just run it in a business hotel way.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
arthotelhirosakicity, マネージャー at Art Hotel Hirosaki City, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2016

I was disappointed without being answered your request enough.
There is the larger room, but thinks that you are not able to surely make a reservation.
The counter may be surely small, too.
We make an effort to offer good service.