“Relaxing place, great views”
Review of Inti Wayra Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla del Sol
Inti Wayra Hostel
Reviewed 24 June 2016

Took my son here for his birthday. We loved the place. Its just beyond the top edge of the village so it is very quiet. You enter through an unmarked door at the far side of the building. It is clean and comfortable, and well kept by local standards. The owner is very pleasant but does not speak much English. He told us how to walk up through the woods to the main north-south trail which has great views and many restaurants.
We had a three bed room, very clean and bright, with a fantastic view.
It is one of the few Isla Del Sol hostels you can book by email - hotels@boliviatravelsite.com - and we paid $29 US for the room and breakfast for two. The breakfast was great - yoghourt and fruit and pancakes with coffee and juice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Inti Wayra Hostel

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in this wonderful hostel. The rooms are spacious, clean, nicely decorated and have GREAT views! We payed 70B$ per person for a private room with bathroom. The owner is very friendly and helpful. There is no wifi, but you don't need it in an idyllic place like Isla del Sol. We really recommend staying here!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2016

I stayed at the Iti Wayra for 2 nights while i was visiting Isla Del Sol.
My stay was perfect!
Jose , the host, is so adorable and nice and 20bs for breakfast are so worth it.

First night i stayed in a 3bedroom with private bathroom for 70bs a night, and second night i stayed at a single bedroom with shared bathroom for 40bs a night.

The view is breathtaking and the place is very clean.

Definitely recommended !

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

We spent one night in the double room with panoramic views after reading great reviews. We are so glad we made the hike up the hill. On first approach the property doesn't look particularly inviting but once inside it is absolutely beautiful and the views are out of this world. The shower was hot and everything was clean. The breakfast (pancakes and muesli) was fantastic for 20 bs! It is also close to lots of good restaurants. Highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2016

This place is on the top of the first street you'll se after you climb the hill from the harbour. That means it's really high, so pack light, but you'll be awarded with a room with a gorgeous view of the Cordillera Real and of the sunrise over the lake. For 50 bs I got my own room with a king-sized bed. There actually wasn't anything else in it, not even a socked to charge my phone, but you can't really expect much on Isla del Sol. I stayed 2 nights and my experience was pure awesome. I had the whole hostel almost to myself and the lovely cholita who apparently runs it. I imagine she doesn't speak much English (we spoke Spanish instead), but for 20 bs extra she makes the best breakfast I ever had in Bolivia. No wi-fi (duh! who would need it here?), hot shower is electric.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2016

My wife and I stayed here two nights. Hiked from Copacabana to Yampupata (17K), took a small boat to Yumani (80 bs for two people) and hiked up to Inti Wayra. So tired when we arrived, hard to see the sign in the dark to know we arrived. Though we were received with kindness and got a great room (70 bs / person / night) with views to the east of the lake. Beautiful! They even brought us hot tea to our room upon request (5 bs / cup). Stayed the night, rested all morning, hiked to the lookout and Temple of the Sun the next day (upon the recommendation of hostal owner). Saw a killer sunset at the Temple of the Sun, stayed a second night. Breakfast (20 bs / each) was great: yogurt, oats, banana, apple and two crepes. Would highly recommend this hostal.

4 starts instead of 5 only because of the lack of a final sign at night to know we arrived, a not so hot shower, a poorly draining sink and breakfast not included.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2016

Its really difficult to get an answer directly from the owner/management for Inti Wayra. From what I gathered during my research there is no internet service here in the island and those that I sent email to provide me of quoting price 20 USD and boy I was glad that I did not book anything in advance. From the south port I have to walk about 20 minutes uphill with rest of course! From the church turn right and walked further uphill. There was no reception desk as far as I can observe. There were three of us guest a couple and myself. I was placed in a room with three very large glass windows. It's three beds a room and I had it all by myself and it has an attached bathroom and hot water no issue. Its pretty quiet here and I like it. From the whirlwind and tiring travel in Peru my over night here Isla Del Sol was so relaxing. Truth to tell I never explored the island and was really that content in my room sitting by the window and just looking at the Lago. No sound to hear but occasional bellow of the donkeys. For seventy bolivianos was so worth the travelling from copacobana. Between these two places I would rather sleep in isla than copa as its so crowded there. I don't speak Spanish but the senor who was present at that time was courteous and never turned me away even though I'm alone. Breakfast was pretty nice but needs to pay for 20. They also have a log book that their guest signed into and I checked from previous entry I'm the first of my nationality to sleep at their place. I would recommend it. There was no rudeness during my stay here. One more piece of advise when you go to Isla just bring an overnight change of clothes only and leave behind that large backpack in Copa you really don't want to dampen your experience with tiredness from your pack.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo