“Unforgettable pampas tour with Norman”

Madidi Expeditions - One Day Private Tours
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We did 3d/2n pampas tour with Norman and would definitely recommend it, one of our best trips so far and we are traveling a lot :) Norman is a very professional guide but also truly passionate about wildlife and the Amazonas region. We felt like kings for these three days, nevertheless also part of the nature and not like we heard about other companies that keep animals in cages to release them just for tourists. Ask Norman to tell you about his village and the life there! The food was amazing as well!

Madidiexp2013, Propietario at Madidi Expeditions - One Day Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear Violeta D,

Thank you a lot for your comments. I am very glad to know you had an unforgettable experience with us. It has been a pleasure to receive you, we alse enjoyed a lot, and it is very thankful to receive passioned tourists, committed with the environment.
Certainly, we organize tours trying to perturb as less as possible the areas we visit and of course without annoying animals. Peole working in Madidi Expeditions have grown around this area and so we want to preserve all this incredible natural and wildlife.
Hope to see you in a future opportunity!

All reviews
"food was great"
"norman"
in 60 reviews

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Madidi Expeditions is your safe choice. I cant praise them enough for my trip. Norman is an excellent guide with great spotting skills and love for nature and animals. He will appreciate if you are too.

We did all the listed activities and all of them were fun.

I saw:
- eagle, cormorans, stork and endless list of bird species
- Capuccino, “red”, nocturnal and “mini” monkeys (dont ask me for their names) with a family of mini monkeys coming over to our boat jumping on hour heads, cameras, back - it was so much fun we could not stop laughing.
- fresh water turtles
- caimans
- capybaras including a close and long sighting of a capybara family with three tiny tiny capybara babies (like 30 cm max)
- pink dolphins every day and we went in the water to swim with them they were very close and many of them were around - awesome experience (the day after when we were coming back from morning tour I asked Norman if I could go for a swim and he stopped right at the lagoon where the dolphins live so I was able to swim some more around them)
-sloths
- piranhas

as a bonus
- a giant anteater on my way to the lodge. Unreal. He was crossing the road and I got a full picture
- sloth on the ground - an absolutely fascinating experience to see the creature up close.

I can recommend Norman at full extent. What I liked is that I got as much time with the animals as I wanted. Never no rush.

The lodge we stayed at was the first at the park so reachable by car (that is a plus). Its very basic (not much water pressure and limited electricity and no AC) so I suffered a bit during the night. Mosquitos, heat. I have no idea what the alternatives are like in the area.

The cook, Flavia, prepared very tasty meals (I am very picky), I especially liked the 5* breakfasts.
Advisable to bring some water, snacks etc from the town.

All in all this tour exceeded my expectations.

Madidiexp2013, Propietario at Madidi Expeditions - One Day Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Dear lenkagrundmanova,

Thank you a lot for your wonderful review!!! I am very glad to read it and it was a pleasure receiving you in Madidi Expeditions. In fact, it is sincerely a big present for us to share some days with passioned visitors, sharing with you our knowledge and discovering together the area, which certainly is absolutely magic and wonderful.
Pampas supposes an environment with lots of wildlife beings and easy to observe as the vegetations is abundant but not high. Through a labyrinth of water we open all our senses to recognize everything around.
Our tours are flexible and personalized so everyone is able to enjoy their time at most! The lodge, located in the wild to reach animals from there every day offers quality and simple services, so we do not impact too much on the area.

Thank you so much once again and you are always very welcome!!!

Reviewed March 6, 2018

Visiting pampas of Santa Rosa de Yacuma with Madidi Expeditions was our best experience in Bolivia. We spent 3 days/2 nights in a wonderful Amazonian environment. Despite the river's water was up to 11 meters and the wildlife was less visible, Norman helped us to spot sloth, capybaras, few caimans, turtles, monkeys and many different species of birds. We played with cute tiny yellow Saimiri monkeys and swam with the rose dolphins! And that was amazing! Norman told a lot of interesting things about animals, nature and lifestyle of Bolivians. Special mention should go to señora Flavia who was preparing amazingly tasty food (no problems at all with vegetarian options).

Gracias, Norman y Flavia, y un salud de Lituania!

Madidiexp2013, Propietario at Madidi Expeditions - One Day Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2018

Dear ViktorijaKalaimaite,

Thank you a lot for your wonderful comments! It has been a real pleasure to host you in Madidi Expeditions and share this unforgettable experience in the Pampas, wonderful and unique environment.
The Pampas is full of wildlife and so it is easy to observe animals. Accompanied with native guides, who have been grown in the area and so have special skills to recognize wildlife all around, the experience turns richer.
In Madidi Expeditions we can addapt your experience depending on your likes or interests, so everyone can enjoy their time as most as possible.
Thank you a lot for trusting us and you are very very welcome in a future opportunity!!!

Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

We took the 3D2N Pampas tour in October 2017 led by Norman, who was very knowledgeable about the wildlife in the area. Thanks to Norman, we managed to spot plenty of wildlife on each of the days that we were there, probably a hundred caimans (no exaggeration) and dolphins among others.

We did a variety of different activities each day, such as piranha fishing, searching for an anaconda, feeding tiny yellow squirrel monkeys and caiman spotting at night. It was very exhilarating shining the torches to see the eyes of the caiman glowing at night!

The food throughout our stay was very good and we never went hungry. We would definitely recommend going on a tour with Norman.

Madidiexp2013, Propietario at Madidi Expeditions - One Day Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Dear sharhua,

Thank you a lot for your comment! It has been a big pleasure receiving you in Madidi Expeditions and I had a great time with you as well. The Pampas environment itself it amazing, full of life everywhere, and with our ecolodge, located in a strategic place inside Pampas we try to provide visitors our best service in order to experience an unforgettable time here!
As our tours are personalized, everything is adaptable to you and your likes. Our staff love the area and we have a deep commitment with nature, therefore we are sincerely passioned to share with you our knowledge and discover the area together.
You are always welcome!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have just returned from our 3 day 2 night pampas tour and couldn't speak more highly of it. Norman is incredibly knowledgeable on all the species of animals and didn't let us miss a single thing. He could spot sloths from miles off and is equipped with great binoculars to help get a closer look. He constantly made us feel comfortable and he is a great guy to chat with. We were picked up from the airport on time and everything ran extremely smoothly. The chef Flavia needs a special mention also because the food she cooked was the best we have had in Bolivia! She was always so friendly and we never went hungry!
We saw much more wildlife than ever expected and we always had as much time as we liked for taking photos.
Thanks Norman and Flavia!

Madidiexp2013, Propietario at Madidi Expeditions - One Day Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Dear Vicky S,

Thank you a lot for your beautiful review. It is really motivating reading nice reviews and seeing that visitors sincerely enjoy their time with us. Our maximum motivation is to offer unforgettable experiences to our travellers and it is really passionating to do it in the place we have grown up.
Pampas is an incredible ecosystem, full of life. The experience is magical itself, but our Ecolodges hidden in the Pampas, near the labyrinth of water and our personalized service tries to make your experience unique and wild.
Thanks again and you are always welcome!