1,312 results
All reviews decent size sea view fruit airport taxi option wifi beach
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I am genuinely surprised to see poor reviews. This was in the perfect location - right in front of the beach. Rooms were spacious, comfortable and attractive. I never had a problem with staff there. Knowing only limited Portuguese, they were all so patient with me and we navigated our way! The meals were wonderful...always a large variety of items. If given the opportunity to go back, I would love to stay here!! This is also in the tourism area....an active area, but very safe and just a great place!!

Room Tip: just get a beach view!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank drpclarke
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Very pleased! Great location, clean, efficient, nice atmosphere and good staff. I had a package deal with breakfast and dinner included, I'm glad I did! Food was geat! Would definately stay there again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Roseli M
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel has definitely passed it's four star time! Everything is old and not in a good condition. We had to change the room twice at 11pm until we got upgraded to the suite because the central air con is mostly not working as expected or making very loud noises.

Poor service; when I rang the reception first time to complain about the air con not working the staff just hang up on me. When I rang again one minute later a women said 'Not speaking English'. I consider hanging up on me as extremely rude. If a hotel is serious about tourism I expect staff to speak at least some basic English but having said that it isn't uncommon in Brazil that nobody speaks English in a hotel or even at the airport!

The breakfast is boring and is clearly below Brazilian standards. The breakfast pictures on this page aren't what you will find in reality.

My recommendation, eschew this hotel I'm sure there are plenty of better ones in Maceio.

Positive, the hotel is in a central location. However, due to the pollution of all city beaches only the locals go swimming there. The pristine beaches are located from a dozen km's north and south of Maceio. For beach holidays it might be better to stay in a hotel/pousada close to one of those beaches instead of Maceio city.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael U
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I stayed in Hotel Ponta Verde for a week.
The location was great, in front of a good beach and near a lot of restaurants but it was not a very crowded zone, so it wasn't noisy.
The room and the whole hotel was very clean, the restaurant was very good, specially the breakfast service which included traditional brazilian food, so it was a very good opportunity to try new things.
The people was very kind but it' was hard to find someone who spoke another language besides portuguese.
The room was average but it seems that they haven't changed the furniture since the opening. The bathroom was clean but old. The sheets and towels were clean as well but, like the rest of the room, felt like they were the same that they have been using since day one.
The air conditioning was a little loud and it was not very good. At night if you keep the air conditioning off, it was too warm; but if it was on, the room got a little cold.
The only new thing on the room was a big LCD screen.
Maceio is a city where you can do a lot of things. Staying all day at the hotel is not an option when you have a lot of beautiful beaches around, so for me, it didn't matter that the rooms were a little out dated because I didn't spend much time on it.
The hotel has good prices if you are traveling with a small budget, and I think it's a good option, so you can spend the rest of your money in restaurants and tours.
For me, the cleanliness comes first and this hotel definitely passed that test, but if you are looking for a fancy modern place, this shouldn't be your choice.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank valequai
Reviewed July 8, 2009

This is a 30 year old hotel. Very accommodating, panoramic lift, good breakfast with regional flavor, helpful front desk clerks and a basic infra-structure for meetings. Checkin and checkout were fast and accurate. I had a front ocean view room which was not very big. Housekeeping works very well but amenities were very simple. Maceió is a city for those who enjoy nature and the northeastern rhythms of Brazil. The city is not very large and downtown is not beautiful. On the other hand the coastline is great and the seawater temperature is really warm. Nice seafood at the hotel and surroundings. If you want to enjoy the beaches and return to the hotel just to sleep, it is perfect. Most of my time was spent in conference rooms but the moments I could relax, services were very good indeed.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business