3,587 results
All reviews nice hotel roof wi bed pool
Reviewed March 30, 2018

It is an ok hotel, but the wifi does not work what was quite a problem for us as we did not have a brazilian phone. Also there was a very bad smell and the elevators did not work properly so you would really wait for ages, good for us the we were not very far up! The breakfast was great though and the view from the roof swimming pool as well! I would recommend if you are not looking for something extraordinary

Date of stay: September 2017
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Meridiano H, Gerente at Meridiano Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Dear Franco,

On behalf of Meridiano Hotel,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. It’s fortunate that you enjoyed your stay with us and we remain at your disposal for any further information.

All feedbacks are very important in order to improve our quality and services. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

News and special offers are posted in our social media! Please, be sure to follow them.

We appreciate your recommendations and we hope to see you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Michelle Freire

Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

This hotel was billed as 5 star but in reality it is at best 3plus.
The positives the rooms were large well laid out but housekeeping was short of what I would expect in a 5 star.
The lifts were a joke with only 2 of 3 working (1 for several days) and took ages to get to your floor. The stairs were quicker!
Staff were very friendly and courteous but no one spoke English.
Breakfast adequate but short of what was expected for a 5 star hotel.
Roof pool was cold but amazing view and good to get last of the sun and lovely for an evening drink or snack.
Bathroom had a bad smell there all the time from the drains.
Music from adjacent bars plays until early hours sometimes until 5 am which for some may not be appealing.
Suffered from dehydration and the staff were wonderfully helpful and supportive calling an ambulance etc.
Would I return well yes I would just because the staff were so lovely.
They were working on the lifts so hopefully would be better next time!!!
Beautiful beach opposite and a few nice restaurants in the area.

Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank Richard E
Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

We've stayed at Meridiano Hotel before and that's why we were back, the room is very large, also the bed, the bed is king sized and comfy, the breakfast is large and has great fruit. Mainly, the beach right in front of this hotel is great, definitely recommend this place!

Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank Rayloewen
Meridiano H, Gerente at Meridiano Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2017

Good afternoon Mr. Ibuyt,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Meridiano Hotel for your stay in Maceió.

We are very happy to hear your feedback we do hope to welcome you again here.

Please follow our social networks for updates and especial sales.

Remember that by reserving directly with us you may have loyalty rate discounts.

Michelle Freire

Reviewed January 9, 2017

First of all the pictures are not real. Once I arrived I was disappointed. The hotel is ok, but nothing close to the pictures. Second of all, NO ONE speaks english anywhere... I had to translate everything to my american boyfriend ( super annoying) . And third and worse problem, the beach in front of the hotel is right next to a sewage dumping, therefore you CAN NOT swim there. That;s something I would have liked to know prior to traveling and spending all this money. The water in Maceio, all over is unsafe for swimming... and it has been that way for several years. I figured it out because I saw where the sewage was being dumped, not because the hotel warned me btw. They try to downplay that, but don't believe it. It's dangerous to swim under such conditions. Also the city is unsafe. We were warned not to leave the hotel unless in a cab, not to walk around etc etc.... and I am brazilian... born and raised. We had to travel everyday at least 1:30 hours to beaches that are safe for swimming. I enjoyed the beaches around maceio a lot, but would have had preferred the option to do these trips if I wanted to. The food is almost good, not great at all. Last but not least, we found open water bottles inside our fridge. Someone had open the bottles and exchanged the mineral purified water with tap water. Tap water is unsafe for drinking so we were worried we would get sick from that, but we didnt. I complained to the hotel desk and they paid for the waters, but still.... we found 4 bottles of water that looked like someone tried to either charge us for tap water or not pay for their mineral water. Overall the service in the hotel is great, they are polite and accommodating, but food, the space and the location are not what it seems at all.

Date of stay: December 2016
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Meridiano H, Gerente at Meridiano Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2017

Good afternoon,

Your feedback is of great value to us. We are very unpleased to read some of your rightfulconcerns about the water , location and beach overall. I estimate your stay with us was recent, so I must inform that most of the beach is proper for swimminng except for some very few restricted areas, which we still fight with city and evrionmentalists to try to improve. During the raining seasons theses areas do expand and then yes there are warnings to be aware of. But off-seasons the zones are mostly cleared.

Right in front of the hotel the natural pool are perfect for a swim and seeing the local sealife, fish and reefs.

We do apologize fot this incident with the bottled waters and any possible tempering by prior guests or employees and assure that all departments will be informed so that this is monitered more closely.

We do hope to welcome you again where we may show our efforts of improvement and achieve all your expectations.

Renata Zarpelon
Comercial Management

Reviewed December 7, 2016

Good location and polite staff.
The room is clean and the comfort in the bed is perfect. Clean toilet and shower.
The view from the pool on the roof is the best view in Maceio.
To sit at the pool on the roof and watch the sun set over Maceio is perfect.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Meridiano H, Gerente at Meridiano Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2016

Good afternoon Mr. Erik,

We are very happy to hear your feedback we do hope to welcome you again here.

Renata Zarpelon