My husband and I stayed at Etnia Pousada for three nights recently. We had an amazing stay and cannot fault the level of welcome, customer service, breakfast, bar service, or the pool area and grounds.
We were the only guests staying there and very much enjoyed our time with Laura and the team. Laura organised a private yoga class for me by the pool on our second day which felt magical before breakfast. We spent two afternoons at the pousada's beach club which was also very welcoming and friendly.
I would wholeheartedly recommend this pousada although I am not sure whether I would choose a beach side location next time. It is a fair walk to the beach. The rooms were lovely, but we sometimes had a feeling of style over function, for example with not having room to put luggage so that it would open and having limited surfaces to put things on despite ample sized rooms. This did not detract from a wonderful stay. I did not want to leave when our time came to say goodbye.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Internationally known as an oasis in the middle of the jungle and for combining comfort with unique ethnic decoration, Etnia was elected one of Brazil's four best hotels by the prestigious German publisher, Taschen, in the book 'Great Escapes of the World,' which shows a selection of the 90 best hotels around the world. It has also been featured in Hip Hotel's 'Atlas,' in Taschen's 'Great Escapes South America,' in Conde Nast Johansen's 'The Americas Recommended Hotels, Inns, Resorts & Spas' and was the winner of Elle's chic shack awards 2007. Besides getting special coverage in newspapers such as The Sunday Times and The New York Times, Etnia makes part of Andrew Harper's Clud, among others.A Swimming pool with bar and lounge, a 7000m2 garden, secured parking lot, access to the beach (15 minutes walking) and to the town (5 minutes walking), restaurant and boutique are part of the hotel’s structure. In each bungalow, a stained glass window facing a private garden makes the guests feel even more in touch with the local nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Prestigia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your Etnia Pousada & Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Etnia Pousada And Boutique
- Etnia Pousada & Boutique Hotel Trancoso
- Etnia Pousada & Boutique Trancoso, Brazil