2,200 results
All reviews special thanks steam room cold beer lcd tv front desk staff small gym tapioca hot water nice hotel ocean view walking distance comfortable bed every morning fruit juice beira mar beach platinum
Reviewed September 10, 2018

I spent 2 nights in this hotel which is conveniently located to visit the city. Rooms have all appropriate facilities, are large and are clean. I appreciated the large opening hours of the breakfast (6.30 or 7am to 10.30am) with tables both inside or outside. The pool is OK and you can get a beachtowel at the front desk and walk 50 meters to swim in the ocean.
I did not give a 5 for the following reasons :
1. rooms are functionnal but not "design" (need for a refresh could appear in a few years)
2. the information at the front desk could be more sharp (no detailed map of the surroundings, I asked for an ATM they indicated to me a mall 20mn walking distance and I found one in a shop 300m from there…)
3. the fruit juice at the breakfast could be more "natural"
In summary this is a good choice not risky at all but you can also consider a more charming B&B, which is a different experience..

Room tip: They have a few rooms with balcony (which are not so easy to find in the seashore of Fortaleza).
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
HolidayInnFortaleza, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fortaleza, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear Guest,
The Holiday Inn Fortaleza's main objective is to provide an excellent experience to their customers.
Thank you for bringing your comments to our knowledge and help us, so we can improve our services.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

We had to spend 15 days visiting in "adventure mode" the north of Brasil crossing all the deserts and beaches, starting from Fortaleza to SaoLuis. And This is really the perfect way to start your tour.

We were a group of 9 people divided in families of 3, we have been there for 2 days enjoying the people, the breakfast, the services, the room, the position ... simply 20meters away from the beach. Even if you're not gonna use this beach to relax because without any service, and the sun is to strong to lay down there without any repair. Anyway is a beautiful view.

Even if i am writing on behalf of my family, i can confirm the judge of the others is the same.

We've booked enough in advance to get a very good price as well.

The people of the hotel had been very polite, and did help optimising our stay there, having then the time for visiting the city and enjoying the seaside at the "Playa du Futuru" 20min from the hotel by taxi.

If you get there enjoy !

Room tip: High Rise, Water Front
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
HolidayInnFortaleza, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fortaleza, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing your comments to our knowledge and help our future guests that are looking for accommodation in Fortaleza.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Another IHG hotel another disappointment. This property is at Praia de Iracema Fortaleza which is half way distance to some attractions. Unfortunately you can not swim at Iracema because is polluted. There are some night life at Beira Mar just outside the hotel.
The hotel is huge. Served by several floors. My room was large, clean and basic. No hot water in the shower and the loo smelled of sewage. There are wear and tear everywhere throughout the property.
Breakfast is good but can be very chaotic because of other guests. Omelete station cook was stressed out with when giving him my order. Coffee machine does not work properly at breakfast and it creates huge Q.
The reception staff is attentive and helpful. Security is good yet sometimes intimidating.
One thing that stood out for me is how tired and old all these IHG hotels are.
Time to move on ...

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank MRDARCYLDNUK
HolidayInnFortaleza, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fortaleza, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Dear Mr Darcy!

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn FORTALEZA.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay.

We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

After having driven for 4 hours, we were looking forward to checking in on Monday July 2nd. We arrived at the hotel at 9am. Was told that check-in time is 3pm, I asked if I could pay extra or pay for a different room type if it's available now to checkin. Was told that the earliest we're allowed to checkin is 11am. There was absolutely no attempt at helping us at all. Even though there were rooms available and clean, the desk agent simply kept repeating the hotel policy and told us to come back at 11am. He then saw my spouse and told me that I would have to pay an extra $40 BRL per night for my spouse, because my reservation (booked directly through IHG) indicated one adult. They definitely lacked any type of attempts at hospitality for the two of us that had been driving since 6am that morning. It's unfortunate that this initial desk agent showed such an indifferent attitude, that caused the entire stay to be badly tainted to the point that I couldn't return to this hotel. While waiting outside for 2 hours, we were even calling other hotels to see our options. Being an IHG Gold member didn't even get any acknowledgment.

During the stay, everything was nice. Room service was good, room was perfect, nice water pressure, and the security staff were all friendly. Even at checkout the agent was friendly. We had a beautiful view of the ocean and a small balcony which was enjoyable at night.

I contacted the hotel to express my disappointment and my disagreement with my stay. The response was very lacking and only repeated their policies which wasn't very clearly stated on their website. Was even told that the price for the additional person changes from the time the reservation is made to the time that I'm standing in the lobby.

Room tip: Rooms with a balcony and view of the ocean
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank yipeetravel
HolidayInnFortaleza, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fortaleza, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your opinion about our facilities and services. We know that the comments of our customers are very important in helping us to provide excellent service.
Your concerns have been forwarded to the management for review. Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.
We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Fortaleza for your future travel needs.

Holiday Inn Fortaleza.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

I spent one night only at this hotel , unfortunately had to leave at 3 am to catch an early flight and could not take advantage of the breakfast and some more sleep in the comfortable bed.

I got assigned room #1713 which had a fantastic view of the beach and ocean.

The room is spacious and has two queen beds and a couch, the bathroom is also quite big

Even if the rooms have some age they are refurbished and well mantained overall , the only thing that was not really ok in my room was the airconditioning that did not really cool down the room, I mentioned it to the staff and they would fix it (just not in time for my early departure).

The hotel has a nice swimming pool in the first floor with adiacent jacuzzi , sauna (a rare thing on the beach) , and gym.

The beach is in front of the hotel (praia da Irecema) and there are a few beach bars where you can have a cold beer or a cold coconut water between swimming and sunbathing.

Unfortunately I was on business and couldn’t take really advantage of all this , but will definitely be back on vacation.

Room tip: rooms with ocean view
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HolidayInnFortaleza, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fortaleza, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Dear Mr. Alessio!

The Holiday Inn Fortaleza's main objective is to provide an excellent experience to their customers and comments like your make us feel very proud!
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We hope to see you soon in a new opportunity.