“Beachfront paradise in Jeri”
Review of My Blue Hotel

My Blue Hotel
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Jericoacoara
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Great rooms, awesome location, sweet swimings pools kind service and tremendous value for your money. Not that it's cheap, but we visited others and putting everything in the balance this hotel is really really awesome. Big breakfest included is delicious. Tapioca, pancake, scrambled egs, croissants, fruits, juices...everything!!! Only little thing is that maybe getting a 2nd floor apartment may be better not to hear neighbours on high heels walking :)

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank edueleti

Reviewed 28 April 2012

I stayed here with a couple of friends in March. Everything was great: breakfast, rooms, design, cleanness, people. The only negative was the service at the restaurant. The people were nice but not trained at all. They took plates away that were not finished, reached over the table to grab plates instead of going around the table. They kind of created this rush feeling.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2012

A very nice hotel in a very nice place. Nice staff always avaibale. Just one recommendation: the hotel must fight the "mosquitos" on the beach area for clients (today many hotels have solutions for this respecting ecosystem).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I've stayed in this hotel twice.
The rooms are nice, the staff is friendly. It is located right next to the beach and you have breakfast with your feet on the sand.
Speaking of breakfast: I've traveled a lot and stayed in many nice hotels throughout the world but this is probably the best breakfast ever!!! The food is very good and they try very hard to please you but the combination of great food right on the beach getting ready for another Jeri-day... priceless :)))

Room Tip: If you're on the beach and a lady (Dona Rosa) comes by selling banana cake, try it! It's hea...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed at Mosquito Blue with my husband for a little couple getaway. Our room was the best. Corner room with a beautiful window and a balcony. Staff was always pleasant, premises nice and clean with 2 pools. The food at their restaurant was amazing, we ate there several times. I would highly recommend. GREAT option if you want something beach chic. I also used the SPA a few times and while the staff was always helpful, I had better SPA experiences in the US. Also, if you are looking to get to Jeri from Fortaleza, spend a little more and get a private driver with a nice car. It's worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room with a balcony and a window. I tried to get a ocean view, but in this case, th...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I did a lot of research before choosing Mosquito Blue for our 4 nights in Jeri. Vila Kalango came highly recommended but was lower ranked on Trip Advisor, so we went with Mosquito Blue. We are a 30 year old couple and we travel a fair amount. To give you an idea of our standards, when we splurge on our vacations, we like to stay in nice hotels, but we rarely choose the most expensive.

What everyone says about the grounds are true - the two pools are beautiful and it is lovely to eat breakfast directly on the beach. However, here are some things I wish I had known: The rooms are very basic, less than I would expect for an expensive hotel. They are also on top of one another, lining a hallway, so do not expect any beach bungalows (it´s hard to tell on the website what the rooms look like). The wireless did not work for our first few days there. Our shower had to be fixed due to too cold or too hot water for two of our four days there. The front desk staff was wonderful with strong English half the time and could barely communicate with us the other half of the time. The hot tubs are never hot. The food at the restaurant is really good but the service was terrible.

All these things being said, the location is great and as I said, the grounds beautiful. If you are family looking for a contained hotel, this may be a good choice for you. If you are a couple as we were, I would look elsewhere for something a bit nicer and more "beachy." We stopped by Vila Kalanga and it looked lovely, with huge rooms and hammocks on the porches. Consider splurging for Chili Beach if you can afford it, though it´s not directly on the beach. I commend Mosquito Blue for the service and upkeep of the grounds, but for the money, I expected a bit more.

Side note, for dinner I recommend the restaurant at Mosquito Blue, Tamarindo (the restaurant next door to the hotel), and especially Na Casa Dela.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room to allow for more light to enter the room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nyctraveler5
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I stayed there with my family. It's really a wonderful accomodation, very clean, on the beach, in the centre, with a good view. Al the people in the Pousada were vwry kind! I want to come back!.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family