“terrible customer service”

Howard Johnson Inn Appleton
Ranked #25 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed 12 June 2017

I have stayed here once before on a whim. Nice hotel. Booked a room for an upcoming trip and called the hotel to confirm some details: would be checking in late, asked for all fresh bedding and extra towels seeing as I was going to be staying here for a week and I did not want housekeeping. The man on the phone was incredibly rude and told me I couldn't have any of those things because housekeeping was mandatory every day. I have NEVER had a hotel force me into having my room cleaned every day. I don't feel comfortable having anyone else in my room while I am staying in it. Just kept interrupting me telling me I had to have housekeeping every day. I asked for a manager and one was not available. Was supposed to call me but never did. I didn't think it would be a big deal just to get some extra towels and not to have anybody in my room around my stuff. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Lobby is very nice but once you get past that it is old and not updated, management/housekeepers are very strict and policies are kinda strange. Not a bad place to crash for the night but wont blow you away.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2017

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2017

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2017

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Horrible experience. Staff was very rude and had huge attitude problem. Was NEVER a manager on duty even thiugh there was a sign that said manager on duty 24/7 cancelled reservations in advance for 2 of my 3 day stay, they took the money out as we talked and still am fighting to get my refund.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Did have a problem with the toilet NOT filling... had to use the lobby toilet. Finally was fixed. Room was good. Overall was satisfactory for the price..

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends