“Outstanding service, OK room”

Residence Inn Appleton
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Lynnwood, Washington
“Outstanding service, OK room”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I recently stayed in one of the 2 bedroom king suites. The room is dated but VERY large. With 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, kitchen, small table, 3 TVs.... I could see how this would be a great room for a family. I spent most of my time in the living room and enjoyed the subtle smell of the fireplace. The room is very dated, as is the property but they are doing renovations now. I could hear construction noise until after 5pm but it wasn't terrible.

What really makes this place tick is the people. The service was really outstanding. From the woman behind the counter to the housekeepers who left personal notes in my room (Enjoy your stay, sleep tight, etc), I really felt welcomed. Breakfast was good and I would stay here again if I was in Appleton, especially as it will be remodeled by the next time I return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mr_RN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I always pay attention to how clean the rooms are, and this was spotless!
I had to personally thank the manager Jennifer for the maintenance of the property and for the exceptional customer service provided by the front desk staff AND the housekeeping department, they always took their time to smile and ask about my day.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M F
Miami, FL
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I discovered this Residence Inn in the mid-'90s when my grandfather had passed away. I flew up before the rest of my family, and we needed something more than just a small, standard hotel room to stay in. I had never stayed at a Residence Inn before, and it worked our perfectly. Because of my experience at this one property, I have been staying at Residence Inns many, many times since.

This is a great place to stay for a Packer's game, but be alert to the fact that they charge special 'event' rates then, and you likely will not be able to use a discount rate like AAA's.

The location is very near the highway (but not against it, so no road noise!), next to the Fox River Mall. There are tons of restaurants around. There's even a WalMart a couple blocks away, and a huge Fleet Farm about a mile or so away as well.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank PinkFloyd2001
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Very clean and nice. Free wifi is great. We did have a small problem but once we spoke to the manager, she made everything right. Very comfortable bed. We would stay here again if we are back in the area.

Room Tip: one small elevator so maybe the first floor if you are in a hurry
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Trygve A
Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 November 2011

We actually lived here while waiting to purchase our home. Our room was great and the staff were super. We somehow miss those days!

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank mstarling
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2011

When I visit my family in Wisconsin, we always stay here. I love the place. It's very clean, very comfortable, and the staff couldn't be more friendly. We'll be there again next week, and I'm completely looking forward to it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suetois
Menominee, MI
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Stayed here with a group of women spending the week-end seeing a play and doing some shopping. It provided space enough for us all to dress for the play without falling over one another. Beds were comfy, room was clean. Definitely a place we'll return to.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends