“Picturesque campus, superb education.”

Lawrence University
Ranked #5 of 38 things to do in Appleton
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the nation's preeminent liberal arts colleges and conservatories of music, Lawrence University, one of the "Colleges That Change Lives," draws students from nearly every state and more than 50 countries. Cultural attractions: conservatory concerts, art galleries, 21 varsity teams, and--believe it--great food.
Reviewed September 6, 2016

I attended this college in the 70's; I appreciated the devoted faculty, stimulating courses, an emphasis on love of learning, and exceptional learning experiences. My choice to attend this college affected my life in so many positive ways.

1  Thank Ruth S
"opportunities"
"midwest"
"wi"

Reviewed June 16, 2016

We came to see the school with my so who is a rising senior. But it's without students right now so it's hard to get a feel for what it's really like. The Warch building is stunning with its locally sourced stone flags, materials, and energy (green roof, and solar power!). And other standout spots include the music building and the lovely chapel. I bet when the students are here there's a much better vibe though.

Reviewed June 14, 2016

This small private college with a focus on music is near our daughter & son in laws home. Our grand daughters have had the advantage of great music lessons from students at Lawrence. We enjoyed the sounds of outside music from campus during our recent visit.

1  Thank alicew604
Reviewed May 28, 2016

The university often talks about how they think the school is the "Harvard of the Midwest". I often wonder why they don't work to be even better. The "Stanford of the Midwest" is a much better label because it means the university recognizes the need to do everything well and support every students endeavors. Approaching a school like Lawrence with Gardner's Multiple intelligences is a much more fitting approach because then you support all students, yes even those that want the athletic experience that can accompany the strong academics. As an alum, I wish this were the case because my children might have chosen to attend LU instead of St. Norbert.