“Group Stay - Weekend of 2/17/2012” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn

BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
Darien
“Group Stay - Weekend of 2/17/2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Fantastic Customer Service. The entire staff "bent over backwards" to satisfy the needs of our entire group - 20 College swimmers, 2 coaches and 20+ family members (mostly parents). This was in spite of "chaos" that they had to overcome for that same weekend - they had three other groups. There was a hockey team, a volleyball team, a basketball team and, of course, all of their families since they were all under the age of 16.
Even though the pool area and tables were crowded, all groups behaved well and "shared" the amenities civilly. Amazingly enough, they had plenty of breakfast items available and all seemed to run very smoothly.
I would definitely stay there again - great location, great value and, of course, excellent customer service!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tammy H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you for chosing our hotel for your stay. I greatly appreciate your wonderful review on our property. I am glad that it went so smoothly, we did our best to make sure that everyone enjoyed themselves equally. We look forward to having you and your family back to stay here with us on your next vacation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I travel monthly to Appleton and find this the best around hotel to stay at.
best location, great breakfasts, although I do not use the pool, but they do have
a giant pool and area. Staff friendly and am treated as a family member.

Room Tip: I think the best all around location in Appleton
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tammy H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Hello Bob,
Thank you so much for your great review on our hotel. We are glad you enjoy yourself whenever your in town. Next time you are here you have to try out our All Natural Salt Water pool and jacuzzi.

milwaukee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We arrived at 4pm on Saturday expecting to let the kids swim. Unfortunately there were 2 large birthday parties going on in the pool area so there was no place to sit, the pool was packed, and the hot tub was over capacity. (more later on the hot tub)

The temp around the pool area was around 62 degrees. I have never had to wear long sleeves at a hotel indoor swimming pool before.

Since it was so cold in the pool area I thought it would be a good idea to try the hot tub. Unfortunately it was completely full. It was then I noticed the 4 gentlemen in the hot tub with an empty cardboard case of Pabst blue ribbon beer with a plastic bag lining it that was being used as a cooler for their Bud lite?

Let me make a long story very short.

These "gentlemen" proceeded to drink beer from 4pm -10:15pm when I left the pool, without leaving the hot tub. Who knows how late they lasted. Gee I wonder where all that beer went?

Then the next morning the same "gentlemen" proceeded to take the cover off the hot tub at the 9:30am opening, jump in, and proceed to start drinking beer.

My 8 year old son has informed the family that dad never gets to pick the hotel again because of this experience.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank dave s
Tammy H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay here with us. I do understand your frustration. Unfortunately, we can't put a limit on when people can swim or use the jacuzzi, HOWEVER we can do something about the drinking. Did you say something to the front desk when you were here? We could have done something at the time.
I do wish your experience here would have been better, if you decide to give us another try please contact me directly and let me help you. And in the future if there are any issues please contact the front desk immediately, whether it's with us or another hotel.

Thank you again, without feedback whether good or bad we will not know what is taking place every minute nor can we fix it and make it better.

Best Regards to you and your family.

Tammy
Manager
Crystal Falls, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

We have been staying at Best Western Fox Valley Inn for about a year now and are very, very pleased with the service we receive. We do not even consider staying any where else. We recently lost our little granddaughter and had to stay for several days for funeral services. Bob and Nikki were so helpful and thoughtful, asking us how we were doing and asking about our other granddaughter, how she was doing after losing her little sister. They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable during a very sad time in our life. Now when we stay I tell them our granddaughter will be joining us to visit and they immediately give us snacks and drinks for her. The staff are all very friendly to us when we arrive, during our stay and when we depart. Their breakfast buffet is awesome!! The pool and hot tub are great!! Thank you Bob, Nikki and all staff at Best Western, Fox Valley Inn!!!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Tammy H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Thank you Mary for the wonderful comment you left for us. We are so happy you came to stay here with us and we look forward to seeing you both every time you arrive.
Stevens Point
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

The pictures of this hotels lobby and rooms on this website do not match the actual lobby and rooms. The pictures show a beautiful newly remodeled hotel, and this hotel is run down and filthy. We were not allowed to have a pool side room because one of the mebers in my party is an Iraq war Veteran and has a service dog. We were told that pets were not allowed in poolside rooms, even though this animal is a service dog and not a pet. Even after explaining and verifying to the hotel the dog service dog status they would not oblige. :-( The sheets in the rooms were dirty, and when we requested clean sheets we were brought clean sheets and informed we would have to make our own beds because housekeeping had already gone for the day. The hotel overall is in bad condition, filthy, and run down. They advertise newly remodeled but all that really equates to is new paint, everything else is still run down and dirty. The games in the arcade were functional to the extent they would take your money, allow your to play and win, but NOT dispense ANY corresponding prizes. The hotel had a handful of registered guests, and the pool area is labeled only for registered guests, but yet somehow there were 150 people in the pool area havng a lound drinking party. The party was extremely out of hand, vulgar, and disruptive to registered guests. This pool party was so out of hand the police were there several times, and yet they managment at the hotel didn't ask anyone to leave. My family and I spent the entire evening in our filthy hotel room because I didn't want my children in the mix of whom evers wild party this was. I would not recoomend this hotel to anyone; it is filthy, run down, miserable, and this pictures shown on the internet are FRAUDS!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rohhirim
Tammy H, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Hello,
I am writing in response to your recent comment on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that your experience here was not up to your standards. I have talked with the staff about the service dog issue. The staff was going by what the Health Dept. states to us about having pets in the pool area because of allergy reasons. I don't think they were at the time aware that service dogs, even though are dogs and people do consider them pets, we do not consider them part of the pet policy. So again, I do apologize for that.
But, as far as the rooms.as you put it were "filthly" we rank extremely high for cleanliness at our hotel, also the pictures on the website ARE exact pictures from our exact rooms. They were taken by our camera and posted by us on trip advisor. I would recommend anyone to look at the pictures online and come in a look at the exact pictures here at our hotel and I GUARANTEE you they would be identical.
And finally addressing the "pool party" I looked on the calendar and yes there was a pool party scheduled at the time of your stay but it was a party for an 8 year old child.
I wish during your stay here you could have asked to speak with a manager and we could have handled the situation for you while you were here, to ensure your stay turned out for the better. If you would like to speak further please feel free to contact the hotel. Thank you for your time and Have a great day!
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

I brought my daughter and her friends here to celebrate her birthday. They had a blast swimming and I appreciated all of the tables and seating in the pool area. Wonderful for large groups. Excellent value.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tammy H, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding our hotel. I am so glad that your daughter and her friends had such a great time during her birthday party. We would love to have to back again. Happy Belated Birthday to her and thank you again.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

We do a lot of spontaeneous traveling, and like the ability to change our plans at any time. That happened this weekend, and suddenly found ourselves in Appleton, Wisconsin looking for a room. There is an abundance of hotels to choose from. But we decided to go to the Best Western Fox Valley Inn, because the location is right on College Avenue, and easy to go to downtown, or go the other direction and jump right on the freeway to head out of town. Our check-in was fast and easy. I remembered to show our Triple A card for their discount. How much that discount is, I don't really know. The room turned out to be a king size bed on the first floor. It was easy to get to with good parking, and easy to get your luggage to and from. The room was large, bright, airy, and a wonderful little kitchen set up adjacent to the bathroom. Also had an excellent shower. They had a bar and restaurant attached to the hotel that was not owned by the hotel but was nice to have so one didn't have to drive anymore. They allowed us a "late" checkout at noon which was also nice not to be rushed. As we drove away, we said to each other, you know, from now on, we should just go to Best Western and not always debate about which hotel to choose. We have had many good experiences with Best Western and they always seem to be pleasant, especially because all of them are individually owned. Additonally, the rates were great, especially for a Saturday night.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comment on here. I am glad that we were able to make your stay a memorable one and that you left happy. We do our best to make sure all our guests are happy and I am grateful that we left a positive impression with you and your guests. We look forward to having you back.