“Terrible service”

Ranked #12 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Appleton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2018

The owner is extremely rude and lacks even the most basic of customer service. The food was mediocre and overpriced.

It's a shame that this coffee shop is ruined by one person; this is a great location with awesome views of the river. The place could really be a gem and I'd love to come here with my friends. But the owner is just so petty and rude to her customers that I will never support this place with my money again.

4  Thank millie59310

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

This place smelled delicious but when I stopped in to grab a coffee to go I was surprised. There were no prices anywhere. All of a sudden 10 people decided to check out at once and an old lady was taking the payments. I heard the girl in front of me was charged $25 for some waffles and a mimosa. As I approached I asked for a to go coffee in my mug and was rudely told "No. We don't do that." I was like what? And that was that. I left and will never go back. A coffee shop that won't serve coffee. Ha!

3  Thank Camila K
Reviewed February 24, 2018

The food is mediocre and overpriced, the owner rude and inattentive. The best thing about this place is the view of the river which is, I assume, the only reason this place is still in business. Although I prefer to support locally-owned businesses, I won't support this one.

4  Thank Karen B
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

Rented a room for family event. Food good, but female owner extremely rude to me and some of my guests. My 80 year old mother-in-law asked if she could have a cup of coffee & owner said, “No, because you ordered milk with your lunch.” Owner accused some of my guests of bringing in drinks but two brought thermoses they wanted to fill with coffee they would buy from her in coffee shop. She refused to sell them coffee because she was too busy. Our ordered lunch was to be served at 12:30 & people were thirsty at 10:30. I asked if we could have a few pitchers of tap water put out. I was charged $38. for the water. I learned one week before my event that anyone who attended the event in the room I rented would have to pay the lunch price whether they were having food or not. I asked about children & they also would have to pay, unless in a high chair. None of these rules were communicated in any sort of contract or document when I paid the $300. non refundable fee. The most disappointing thing was the blatantly rude behavior we had to endure from the owner. I have no idea how they have any repeat customers.

7  Thank Stacy M
Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Holy smoke!! Over $7 for a day old muffin and a 12 oz mug of coffee. Plus you have to pay a dollar for each refill!!!! I wouldn't mind it if the food and coffee were fantastic, but they were not. No prices posted anywhere so the sticker shock is real!

You are escorted to a seat, you cannot just sit anywhere. The muffin was subpar, it tasted like artificial banana flavor. Strangely, the pastries were lacking. In the case there were only two muffins, two pecan pastries, and a plate of mini scones. That was it.

I pulled out my cell phone to check email. The owner rushed over to tell me phone calls were not allowed. Not that I was planning on it. But geez, there are subtler ways of informing people of this policy.

I won't ever come back to this establishment.

4  Thank dolcesmama

Been to Atlas Coffee Mill? Share your experiences!