See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 22, 2016

The hotel has seen better days but the staff do their best to make up for this.
First impressions are not good, but you become acclimatised to your surroundings.
We were recommended the hotel by locals and so I presume this is the local standard.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

I just stayed at the Carlton Plaza for the third time. While they tell me it is one of the nicer hotels in Pocos De Caldas, I have to say I've not been that impressed.

On the plus side, the staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean and of decent size. Each room has a flat screen TV and a fridge with drinks and snacks. The breakfast buffet is pretty good. The location is great; very close to tons of bars, restaurants, shopping, etc.

The biggest cons are terrible wifi, mediocre dinner and a nearly unusable exercise room.

As a business traveler, wifi is very important to me, and this hotel had about the worst I've seen. There was half of my room where I couldn't connect at all, the other half was just horribly slow.

After experiencing the breakfast buffet, the dinner buffet was kind of a letdown; not nearly as good.

Finally, the exercise room consisted of three ancient treadmills in a room that was not air conditioned. If you're like me and not acclimated to the heat, this is pretty tough to work out in.

Overall, the Carlton is a decent value, just not spectacular.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2016 via mobile

I sayed in this for 2 weeks business and was not mad I selected one. It's the witha lot restaurants nearby, so I did not tried for lunch or dinner, but breakfast was quite good.

There is a pool (with water) and a sauna. The a bar at the pool but that is not attended.

My was spacious and the bed was very good.
And most all, the staff is very friendly and gives you a welcoming and hospital feeling.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2016

This is a recent built hotel, and I've stayed for 2 days with 2 friends in a weekend of January/2016.

Different from some antique hotels available in the city, this is a modern hotel, with quick check-in and check-out, and the employees are polite.

We stayed in the room 309, modern furniture, beds - 3 single beds - are really comfortable, clean and well mainteined.

The space is large, with wardrobe, business desk, very nice TV with good channels options, and a mini-frige in the room as well.

The bathroom is nice and spacious, the shower was not that good, but OK.

Breakfast is extremely good, with many options for every taste, several bread types, plenty of fresh fruit, juices, eggs, cereals, milk, coffee, tea options.

We had all the main meals in the hotel, lunch and dinner they have delicious and typical options to taste on their manu, everything on the self-service option.

There was a pool available, but the weather was not good to try it. There is a sauna available, and it was reaaally good.

The gym was soo simple, but OK.

The hotel is located just in the downtown, really close to the Macacos square, and the Palace square. We did not use the car for anything, there are a lot of options in a walking distance, banks, supermarket, bars, restaurants.

Hotel has a city tour option avaible at the front desk, we did it and it was worth it, not expensive and they visit all the main places in the city, to see the nature places and also the typical foods from Minas Gerais.

The wifi was not good in my room, in the lobby it was fine. I recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2015

I often go to Poços de Caldas, on business, and select this hotel mostly for its comfort and convenient, central location. Rooms are always spacious and usually with a queen bed, for single occupancy. Parking is across de street. Breakfast is good. The free, wifi internet is painfully slow, though. Still, this hotel is one of the best, lodging options in town.

Date of stay: November 2015