2,851 results
All reviewsgolf resortmain buildingmain pool iskids clubclose to the airportnice resorttennis courtsbuffet restaurantrooms are largevisiting the fallsiguassu fallsbird parkloved this hotelbooked this hotelmini barbreakfast and dinnernational park
Reviewed May 30, 2018

Excellent location, close to Foz do Iguaçu waterfalls and the airport as well. Great poolside bar and cocktail selection--the pool was pretty spectacular too when lit up at night. Excellent, spacious and comfortable room.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank feckerdoc
Rosimar S, Front Office Manager at Wish Foz do Iguacu, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Feckerdoc,
We appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to enjoy your company again!

Reviewed May 23, 2018

we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.beautiful spacious, lush new and clean.service was good
kids enjoyed their stay as well. lovley strolls around the place. overlooks the golf course
value for money
convenient location
will definitely stay here again

Stayed: June 2017
2  Thank Kumpat
Rosimar S, Front Office Manager at Wish Foz do Iguacu, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Kumpat,

Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

One of the most popular falls. Stretched between three countries , it is the widest falls I have seen. If you are in Brazil then this place is worth visiting. It can be easily reached by local buses from the central bus station. Bus number 120 which goes to the airport as well, drops you to the falls. The international bird sanctuary lies opposite the falls.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aditi M
Rosimar S, Front Office Manager at Wish Foz do Iguacu, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2018

Aditi M,

Reviewed April 29, 2018

The property is extremely unique from most resorts as other reviewers have said there are several standalone houses. The setup is like being in a mini neighborhood. Very cute and clean. The landscapers were working hard every day I was there to keep the place tidy and neat.

The location for me was exceptional. First, it is extremely close to the Foz do Iguacu Airport (IGU). This was important for me because my departing flight was at 7:45pm on my check-out day so I wanted to be close to the airport. The hotel charged me 80 Reals (about USD$23) to have a 4pm check-out. The price went up if you wanted a 4pm-6pm check-out. I was fine paying the 80 Real fee as it made it convenient for me not to be in a rush to pack up my room.

Also in regards to the location, it is very close to to the Iguacu Falls on the Brazil side and very convenient logistically to get to the falls on the Argentina side. I also wanted to walk across the Friendship Bridge into Paraguay which was a bit of a ways away but the location of the city Foz do Iguacu is not where I wanted to be. The resort's location is beautiful and safe as there is a security guard that checks all vehicles before they are allowed inside the resort's grounds.

Many reviewers discuss the poor service at the pool. The resort was clearly not busy when I was there as drinks didn't take long but I did have to remind them about an appetizer I ordered. The pool staff was generally friendly. However, the front desk staff needs more training in customer service. First, Iguazu is a huge touristic area and the staff seemed to not know much about taxi prices or detailed national park information. That seems like a very standard thing to know about when you're in an area that has a huge tourist draw. Furthermore, upon departing the resort for the airport, nobody bid me a farewell as I was walking to my taxi. It didn't bother me but I can see others who would take offense to that as they clearly saw me leaving. I actually turned around and thanked them as I was leaving. Again, this is a customer service training issue that needs to be addressed as this is the last impression the customer will have on the resort's service.

The resort has a tour desk managed by a 3rd party company. I met with Raul who has a hilarious personality. We got along very well and he is exceptionally knowledgeable about everything to do with Iguacu Falls on both the Brazil & Argentina sides. If you arrange a taxi to take you to the falls thru their company, it will be a little bit more than having the hotel call a taxi for you. However, it is completely worth paying more as it's not even that much more. I was quoted 250 Reals to the Argentina side but got it down to 220 with cash. The hotel called a taxi and was quoted 180 Reals. The reason it was worth it to pay more was because of the driver I was connected with, Joao Jose Rohden. He speaks fluent English, knows the inside & out about the parks, and parked once we got to the falls to help me get situated. I used him both days for Brazil (80 Reals) & Argentina (220 Reals). He explained everything about the parks to me including getting to the Argentina side before they open so that you get on the first train to Devil's Throat so that you beat all the massive crowds that appear within the next 30+ minutes. His advice was spot on with almost everything. One thing I disagreed with him on was that the boat rides are better on the Brazil side. All my research indicated that the boat trips were better on the Argentina side. I don't know if he gets a commission or something from the Brazil boat company but I ended up doing it on the Brazil side which honestly seemed good enough. Touring the Argentina side of the falls takes a minimum of 6 hours to see on it's own just by walking/hiking so I didn't really have much more time & energy to do a boat trip that day but if this is an experience you really want, most reviews say the Argentina boats are better.

Do not try to save a few bucks by getting a cheaper taxi as they won't speak a word of English. None of my other drivers in Brazil spoke any English at all.

I've attached Joao's business card to this review if you want to use him but the tour desk should be able to connect you with him too.

The restaurants at the property are average and not great. I didn't want to leave the resort as it was extraordinarily comfortable just to stay on the grounds after a long day of exploring Iguacu Falls.

A big part of my 5* rating is due to the fact that I got a smoking last minute deal for this resort on Hotwire. When I was initially researching this resort many months before the trip, the price was substantially higher but as it got closer and closer to the check-in date, the price kept dropping obviously due to the fact it was the shoulder season. Keep on eye out on this place for price drops as it seems to fluctuate.

Room Tip: ask if you can get a room closer to the main building
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank love2travelcheap
Rosimar S, Gerente de recepção at Wish Foz do Iguacu, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Love2travelcheap,
We appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again to introduce you the improvements.

Reviewed April 25, 2018

April is fall /autumn , ie end of season and it was fairly empty. Wewere lucky with weather, still 28 degree celsius most days. The hotel has a lot of 4 or 5 star features. The breakfast buffet was sumptious andwide ranging - 5 Stars from me. In that same location they offerend an evening buffet which we also found good value with a wide variety of quality foods and salads. The italian and steak restaurant were limited and some what pricey.. Bigggest regret was not hiring a car at the airport for our 4 days of stay. We depended on Taxis which quickly add up and somehow meant we didn't eat out. The accomodation was quite dark. and no real opportunity to sit outside in the sun near the appartement. There was some noisy work going on around our accommodation , perhaps inevitable for end of season. I liked the free water in lobby.Security at the entrance gat to the park area quite high.

Room Tip: The individual houses have typically 6 or 8 ensuite rooms over two floors ,each with their own external entraqnce door.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Klaus K
Rosimar S, Front Office Manager at Wish Foz do Iguacu, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2018

Klaus K,