Pousada Aratinga would be a very nice place to stay on its own, but it is the hospitality and attention to detail that Rennie shows her guests that makes this a very exceptional place to stay. We weren’t able to make a reservation for our entire stay in Abrao, so we stayed at another pousada during the first few days on Ilha Grande. Our first pousada had a view of the water and sound of the sea which was very nice, but once we arrived at Pousada Aratinga we realized what we had been missing. Rennie is an amazing host who goes out of her way to make her guests feel warm, welcome, and well informed. She has put together a very helpful book of many of her favorite things to do, eat, and see on the island, and it became our favorite and most important guidebook for our stay. We had some very lovely meals at local restaurants that she suggested….BBQ night at Café do Mar, mocequa at Mar e Lua. Even the pizza was delicious. We had some wonderful hikes to various beaches that we probably wouldn’t have known about without her guidance. Pretty much anything we were curious about the island….the local politics and issues, transportation options, great places to see or go, Rennie was well informed and more than eager to share her knowledge.
We stayed in the Hibiscus chalet. It was quite small for two people with not a lot of extra room around the bed, but the rooms and grounds are very well kept and we found the bed comfortable. As everyone else has mentioned the breakfasts were very nice and the afternoon tea was a delight. The tables in the open air pavilion were always set with table cloths, a full place setting and cloth napkins….details that are a very civilized and welcome counterpoint to the Ilha Grande jungle/beach environment.
Often as you travel, it is the people you meet that make some of the strongest lasting impressions, and in our time on Ilha Grande it is Rennie’s wonderful hospitality at the tidy Pousada Aratinga that will frame our memory of a very lovely stay on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Aratinga, your haven of peace and tranquility on Ilha Grande. Our guest rooms and chalets are built in harmony with the verdant Atlantic rain forest. All of our guest rooms and chalets are simple and cozy, but we are sure you will agree that they are comfortable and very cozy. They are furnished with solid timber beds, with a top quality inner spring mattresses, latex pillows and quality, imported bed linen. Rooms are appointed with A/C, ceiling fan, LCD TV and DVD player, a bar fridge for your personal use, and all rooms have a sparkling clean, modern bathroom. For those seeking peace and privacy, Aratinga offers double chalets and double rooms, the perfect personal retreat for nature lovers. We do not receive large groups, small children or smokers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Aratinga Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Aratinga Hotel Ilha Grande
- Aratinga Inn Ilha Grande, Brazil