“Beautiful Views”

Cafe do Mar
Ranked #5 of 81 Restaurants in Ilha Grande
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: This is one of a string of restaurants on the beach just outside the center of town that don't actually have addresses (as far as I know). Others of its ilk are included in major guide books, like Foder's. I'd really like to give this restaurant a review because it was amazing food, fantastic atmosphere, and wonderful, English-speaking staff (a rarity on the island). Thanks!
Reviewed January 4, 2017

Gorgeous views, especially watching the sunset. We had the seafood stew which was plenty for us to share. The seafood tasted really fresh and well cooked. Service was a bit slow though. We did come back on another occasion for drinks just for the views and watching the tide come in.

1  Thank Bel C

Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

I love this place, the tree is gorgeous. But I got a very bad experience last night!! The owner or manager, speaking a broken Portuguese, charged us more than 25 reais for 4 small chunks of queijo coalho - cooket cheese! I like to seat there and I am happy to pay for being there; but I felt legally robbed this time.

Reviewed December 4, 2016 via mobile

I was little disappointed in the grilled fish that I had as it was deep fried. The drinks and service are good and the location is as it's right on the beach, but I wouldn't recommend the food.

Reviewed November 26, 2016 via mobile

Café so mar is a very nice little bar right by the sea where you can sit relaxed in some chilling seats on the beach right by the sea and have a drink. WiFi is not strong enough to be received at the beach. Staff is very nice.

Reviewed October 23, 2016

During our 4 nights on Ilha we did spend two evenings at Cafe do Mar. The BBQ was really good. Fresh local fish from the area, great Caipirinhas and cold beer. Eating with your feet in the sand. What an experience - especially with your partner.
Really loved it, would come again and again.

2  Thank DanielTheu