“Laid back lunch”

Cafe do Mar
Ranked #7 of 81 Restaurants in Ilha Grande
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: This is one of a string of restaurants on the beach just outside the center of town that don't actually have addresses (as far as I know). Others of its ilk are included in major guide books, like Foder's. I'd really like to give this restaurant a review because it was amazing food, fantastic atmosphere, and wonderful, English-speaking staff (a rarity on the island). Thanks!
Reviewed August 9, 2017

i had grilled fish here which was good, but the milkshake of banana and coconut contained ice crystals which wasn't so pleasant. Friendly service, I would recommend this place.

Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

Set by the beach, it is a promising spot with good cocktails and happy hours going on. Food was so and so, we have ordered different mixed grilled fish which came all at once, some raw some too cooked.

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

We had come to Ilha Grande as part of an arranged tour but had decided to break away from the group to try the restaurant out as it is recommended.

Setting is out on the beach and candles.

I have to say the service and food was so good we came back for a second night and was so glad we did (The waitress even remembered our drinks order from the previous night - thank you Louisa) as there was a BBQ night where you could pick what meat or fish you wanted and it was then cooked on a large BBQ.

There was no language issues as all the staff speak a good level of English - far better then my Portuguese.

Great selection of dishes on the menu ranging from chicken, fish and steaks all reasonably priced.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

Gorgeous views, especially watching the sunset. We had the seafood stew which was plenty for us to share. The seafood tasted really fresh and well cooked. Service was a bit slow though. We did come back on another occasion for drinks just for the views and watching the tide come in.

1  Thank Bel C
Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

I love this place, the tree is gorgeous. But I got a very bad experience last night!! The owner or manager, speaking a broken Portuguese, charged us more than 25 reais for 4 small chunks of queijo coalho - cooket cheese! I like to seat there and I am happy to pay for being there; but I felt legally robbed this time.