All reviewsgroup tourminute walk into townold towncouple of nightsthe ownerwifipousada
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This place was really lovely, the staff were really friendly, the breakfast was great and fresh - the only wish is that it was closer to the centre and the rooms were cold in winter and there is no heating, otherwise, no complaints. Would definately recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2011

My friends were robbed in the middle of the night as they slept. You have to leave your keys at the front desk when leaving the premises which i think is wierd. There are a million mosquitos and you will get bit while you sleep..Also there toilets dont work well. There are no safety deposit boxes.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank jackie m
Laguna_Blue, Manager at Pousada Laguna Blue, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014

Even some time has passed since we received ths avaliation, we would like to comment, that a robbery never happened again in the pousada, and actually it was the only time we had something like this happen, since we also improved the security. Until today this case couldn´t be proved. The windows close very well and it seems to be impossible to open them from outside. The company that had sent us the guests, keeps working with us, we get positive remarks from most or our clients.The keys should be left at the desk, because they can get lost and this would make it easy for anyone to enter the rooms and steal something. A general safe is offered for our guests at the reception,

Reviewed October 2, 2011

I stayed at Laguna Blue for 2 nights. It's a cute little place and it has very much a homey feel to it. It's about a 25 minute walk into town, which isn't so bad if you are with someone but I don't know if I would feel completely comfortable walking back to the hotel at night by myself. The rooms are simple, basic but clean and comfortable. I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping and it just felt very peaceful. Breakfast was more simple than some of the other places I stayed during my travels throughout South America, with some fruit, some cake, bread and cheese. The staff are friendly and it offers free internet for its guests.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank sdigian
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Great little lodge about a 25min walk from the old town. If you're fit and don't mind the walk to town thus is a great little place to stay. A pool, steam room ( only available in the evenings) and nice breakfast in the morning. Only a few rooms but they are clean, ac and quaint.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Sheryl J
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I spent 3 days in Paraty and we chose this hotel because of the good reviews and the affordable price. We arrived in the dawn and the owner was very nice to welcome us.
The rooms are small, but clean and confortable, the breakfast was excellent, with bread, cheese, fruits, cake, cereals, milk, tea and coffee. In the afternoon, the hotel serves ample varieties of cake and biscuits with tea for free. The pool is very nice, and there is a sauna too.
The hotel is about 15 minutes walking of the historical centre and there is a supermarket from 5 minutes.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. I really loved to spend my days there and I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends