See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband and I decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary somewhere calm and quiet and this was the perfect place. Excellent service, privacy, nature... all together. In the middle of the rain forest, rustic chalets give the place a charming touch. Getting there is the tough bit, given that the slopes are very steep and there is no lighting in the neighborhood, just nature. I would recommend this hotel if your intention is not to leave the venue. There is plenty to do, pool, beauty treatments, massages, water falls... the restaurant is quite nice as well. And for our surprise there is a great French restaurant 5 min walking distance - Le Gite d'Indaiatiba!

Room tip: We stayed in chalet 6, the farthest away from the main building. More walking but extremelly silent.
Date of stay: July 2014
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The place is lovely. Right in the rain forest away from everything. Very peaceful and beautiful. Chalets are well equipped but lack quality finishings. You are in the middle of the rainforest so do expect a damp smell! There are plenty of mosquitos and for some reason the net in our room only covered 3 sides of the bed completely. Breakfast was good and typical of Brazil (cakes, bread, cheese, juice), coffee sucked.

In terms of customer service - the place was pretty deserted of staff. We checked in when we checked out as there was nobody to greet us as we arrived late at night and nobody the next morning at reception.

If I was to come back to Paraty, I'd probably look elsewhere to stay to be honest. But the location, scenery were great - just overall the value for money wasn't there (typical Brazil!)

Date of stay: April 2014
3  Thank stuayoung
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I would probably given this place a higher rating if I was given a chance to stay there. After making online reservation via hotel's site and receiving an e-mail confirmation, next thing I know is that the hotel owner "forgot" about my booking and double-booked my room for Easter weekend. No apologies was made from his part, but instead I was offered to be re-booked for the most expensive ( and still available) unit in the hotel, and pay the difference from my pocket (yes! no more, no less). After I called for 5 days and was unable to reach the owner ( his receptionists kept telling me he was away, didn't own a cell phone, etc, etc) I finally received an e-mail from him, advising that... my already double-booked reservation was canceled (?!)
Well, I guess an extensive customer service training is an absolute a "must" for this place... The respect for the customer is nowhere in place, and the owners mistakes are compensated by customer's wallet. I will never again book in this place. There are many more places around Paraty that offer excellent treatment to its customers.

Room tip: best advice - don't stay here
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
9  Thank Ukraniana
Dumbrovsky, Proprietário at Pousada Bromelias, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Ukraniana,

Your reservation has never been confirmed. According to our Policy, bookings are only confirmed with a 50% down payment, which it did not happen in your case. You have tried to make the booking and unfortunately, due to an internet system problem, you were not given the chance to make the payment and then confirm your booking.

We did offer you another option of accommodation which was available. Of course the price for Luxury is not the same price for Standard. If we had actuallly double booked your bungalow, then it would be correct to offer you an upgrade, but Ukraniana, YOU DID NOT MAKE ANY PAYMENT TO US. Instead, you have made several phone calls during 5 days, disrespecting our staff with very low comments and impolite words.

You have also threatened us in writing bad things in web channels such as this one, in case we did not accept your offer in booking a Luxury for the price of Standard.
No, we do not have to accept such proposal after so many low comments and threats. We have the right to not accept this situation.

We have been in this business for 16 years now and we really praise Peace and Respect to others.

Writing such a review here only shows that you are not familiar with Hotel procedures and Travel plans.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel is lovely if you are looking for a secluded, relaxing place; it is in the middle of the rain forest, thus very quiet and about 10 km from Paraty (there is a bus a few times a day; or you can take a taxi for around 25 dollars); The hotel itself is beautiful - the waterfall, the spa area, the pool and the restaurant are all nicely done and well kept;
The only slight negative point was that the staff was not particularly attentive - there was hardly any staff around and none of them spoke good English.
However, I would definitely recommend it, if you are looking for privacy and relaxation - the massages were also great!!

Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Lovely hidden place ideal if you are looking for some fun and relaxation.
Great room with a delicious hot tube and a picturesque balcony, perfect for couples! A beautiful lake/waterfall withing the property and a tasty breakfast are the other reasons why you should go spend a weekend in Bromelias.
We loved!