All reviewsrooms are clean and comfortableplace to stayriotaxibrazil
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This place read very well in the Lonely Planet but unfortunately the actual experience was not good. Room very basic, harsh lighting - not even a bedside lamp. Floor dirty and items belonging to someone else in the wardrobe. Shelves in bathroom falling down. Breakfast area was tiny and around 10 people shuffled around the table endeavoring to get breakfast. No room to sit so we went out for breakfast. Its a hostel at hotel prices. We were booked in for 4 nights but left after the first one. Carmel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank valuable186600
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked this pousada in Rio based on the positive reviews I had read on this website, but when I got there it was way different from what I was expecting... The room they gave me was simply terrible: it was totally filthy, the toilet hadn't been cleaned, neither the floor, and someone else's clothes were in the wardrobe!! I am sorry, but this is not what I consider a basic accomodation, good value for your money, it was simply unacceptable and I had to sleep there until the following morning when I literally run away and checked in another hotel. It's fair to say though, that Sonia was really useful and lovely: I spoke to her the following morning and when she saw my room she completely agreed that it was disgusting and apologised many times. In the end, she didn't make me pay for the night I stayed, and I appreciated that. But overall, it was a terrible experience and I thought I should point it out becasue otherwise people will be deceived by all the positive reviews about this pousada, like I was.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Valentina F
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and had a great time. The staff could not have been more helpful and we received some excellent advice on where to visit including bars and restaurants that we would not have come across without local knowledge. The location is perfect being close to Ipanema beach and the main shopping street as well as the lagoon but is still relatively quiet allowing a good nights sleep. The room was very clean and the wifi worked well. The breakfast is outstanding and is served in a large communal kitchen where you can meet other guests. Overall we would highly recomend and we plan to return in the future!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days, it was really a very nice & pleasant stay. The rooms are clean, but don't expect very much luxury. Everything you need is there. Location is great; in the center of ipanema, a 5 minute walk from the beach and very near shopping center&streets.
The breakfast is ok. The people of the pousada are so warm & friendly, that was really wonderful!
Sonia gave us so much advice about the area and she's very helpful with everything. Also Margarida herself is wonderful & assist you with everything you could possible need. She made us the best Caipirinha there is! We really go back sometime!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We came to Magarida's with the intention of staying 5 nights and we ended up staying 8. We changed our plans multiple times and Sonia and Leonardo accommodated our every request with a smile on their face. They went over and above to help us.

Sonia makes takes this pousada to another level. She went over and above to help us with our plans, suggest places to go and even go and get us medicine when we were sick. She is the most lovely, outgoing and friendly person and one of the most helpful that we came across over our 4 month trip.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and great value for the prime location in rio. The breakfast meets everyone's tastes and is available most of the morning to fit in with your plans for the day.

We would highly recommend margarida's for your stay in rio!

• Stayed: February 2013